His Moon

Hey. Pst. C'mere.
Read my story, love. It's in third person (just warning you) and it'll probably mess up your emotions (also: warning you), but it's worth it I swear. Here's the summary:

|| In his eyes, she glowed. Her pale skin was like a canvas, just waiting for him to paint it with his dark colors. She was his moon and his hope. ||

{ He kissed her tears as he always had and always would. }

Kaia's life is a prison. Ever since her mom was murdered, her dad hardly ever lets her out of the house, even going so far as to homeschool her. Not to mention how he keeps secrets from her; according to him, it's too dangerous for Kaia to leave the house, but strangely it isn't for her brother, Cole.

But, why? Because, though Kaia doesn't know it, the woods are full of werewolves, and Kaia's scent is particularly intriguing. The second she steps too far into the woods, they can smell her...And only one Alpha can protect her from the wolves that want to take her for their own.

The secret world of the lycanthrope is Kaia's destiny, and who better to meet it with than her mate? Especially when his heart is just as dark as hers, if not more so.

ALERT! SOUND THE ALARMS!!
This book is now published, which means that the final chapters are not live on Wattpad. You can buy the book, of course, (it's available on kindle), but I understand if you're not in a place where you can or want to do that and don't want to start something you can't finish. Apologies! Have a wonderful day.

So what's this story about? Obvious! Werewolves!

But really, what you'll get: the feels, an unconventionally unsteady alpha with a past and a burden, an unconventionally steady human with a secret she doesn't even know, and (eventually) a complicated web of past and present, of alliances, and of...

But really, what you'll get: the feels, an unconventionally unsteady alpha with a past and a burden, an unconventionally steady human with a secret she doesn't even know, and (eventually) a complicated web of past and present, of alliances, and of emotions; a story about destiny and love, about sacrifice and secrets, about finding a place.
And plot twist: Alpha doesn't treat her like a piece of meat. Like...at all.

What you won't get: bored easily (hopefully), a dumb heroine who panics and sits there as her alpha does what he wants, a boringly flawless alpha with all-encompassing power, a plot without its twists, turns, and bombshells

So if you're up, I am.

Hoorah. Also, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to let me know what you think with whatever means you have at your disposal. I'd appreciate as much support as I can get.

Anyway, hopefully this lives up to your werewolfy romancy standards. The beginning may be a tad slow in the romancy areas, but just stick with it, because it'll get better, I promise. I'll love you forever if you don't give up!

 I'll love you forever if you don't give up!

I'll stop being weird and be on my way. Read and share and vote and be awesome, but (most importantly) please enjoy it, guys.

{Important Update!}
So, I've been reading comments, and I can tell that a lot of people are a bit (or a lot) disappointed that the heroine in His Moon, Kaia, is both white and blonde. Stereotypical, right?
Hear me now: I get it.

I chose to write Kaia as these two things for both plot reasons and for artistic reasons. I wanted Kaia to fit the image of a silvery moon. This choice was in no ways any statement about ideal beauty standards. I believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that it comes in all shapes and sizes and colors, and that we shouldn't evaluate ourselves or others based on what society tells us is perfect. And yes, I do feel that, even more than just on Wattpad, writing has become very whitewashed. I intend on writing books in the future to try to combat this, but that just wasn't how His Moon turned out.

So if you can get past it, please read on. And if you'd rather, just picture Kaia as you'd like, whether that be blonde, brunette, pink-haired, or a different race altogether. Kaia is far from perfect. In an attempt to make her as real as possible, she has her ups and downs and stupid moments. She's sometimes a little vain, misjudges people, and has trouble considering others' feelings. If you decide to read on, just know what you're signing up for.

And if you decide not to, that's ok, too. Maybe this book isn't for you. But you should give it a try. You just might like it.