Where I belong

Since I had done my job on keeping their relationship safe. Maybe its time for me to linger on the background, because that was my purpose. An audience and a helping hand.

That's where I find myself with Alfred.

"Without us, supporting characters, our main characters would be pretty much useless without our help our nagging."

Alfred once told me. We came to an understanding where we shared our thoughts with each other. As I told him about me being the supporting character and him the bad guy, made him admit that was probably true.

I felt a weight on my heart lighten.

"We're living together on an apartment he bought just near here to school and he said that after we graduated college he'll marry me!"

Emily giggle happily as she sway our joined hands as we walked. While I just follow her lead smiling sadly, which she saw and ask why.

"I'm just a little sad because he'll be leaving his little sister alone and unloved."

I jokingly said as Emily hugged me promising an open door whenever I feel lonely or unloved and needs a brotherly or sisterly love.

Waving goodbye at the two lovers I stood there for awhile and then that smile I kept with them left as I tears ran down the same time the rain starts.