Night Terrors

After the tear jerking reunion,Korra hesitantly decided to rest. It wasn't that she was afraid of sleeping with Aisuya nearby. It was the fact that since that day when she had fought the ambitious Zaheer. Korra had been having unsettling nightmares. So horrible in fact that she would awaken from a deep sleep. Gasping for air and overall running away from her fears. But slowly Korra was becoming quite tired of running. She wanted to stop running and once again take her rightful place as "The Avatar". The bridge between worlds and stand tall once more. But could she? Could Korra swallow her fears and become the strong confident person she was before? Or would she forever wander in the darkness,afraid of her own shadow? Closing her eyes Korra found into a deep slumber with Aisuya by her bedside. Holding Korra's hand and giving it a comforting squeeze.

Aisuya wanted Korra to know she wasn't alone in her silent battle. And according to Raava,Korra needed all the support she could get if she wanted to face her fears. And Aisuya was dedicated to Korra. She wanted to be that person that shone the light on the right path for Korra. She wanted to help her dear friend,no matter the cost. No matter how small the favor was she was willing to do it. Quietly Aisuya prayed for a peaceful sleep with Korra. Hoping with all her heart that she would finally receive a night of true peace. As Aisuya continued to hold onto Korra's hand she found herself admiring the dark skinned beauty. Her lovely dark skin which was quite a contrast when you would gaze into her alluring cyan eyes. Eyes that Aisuya couldn't help but to become completely different entranced by. How soft Korra's skin felt when it was pressed against her own. It was nice. No heavenly. A feeling Aisuya had never felt before. Was I because the two of them shared the spirit of Raava? Could that be the source of their strange bond? Or was it something else?

As Aisuya began to contemplate her own thoughts,she suddenly felt her hand being squeezed hard by none other than Korra. Turning her attention back to her dear friend,Aisuya noticed her once calm face was overcome with excruciating pain. So much pain in fact that Korra's body began to convulse in sheer pain. From her lips spilled a soft cry for help,as Korra felt the very air from her longs being ripped from her. Aisuya opened her mouth to ask Korra to awaken,only to find she too was seeing weakened. Already Aisuya could feel the air from her very lungs leaving her by force. Her head began to spin as Aisuya suddenly fell onto the wooden ground. Unable to maintain her footing. Weakly Aisuya turned her gaze to the pain wracked body of Korra who lay only a few feet from her. With all her might despite the fatigue of her body,Aisuya extended her hand for Korra. Hoping that if she were to connect with the spirit of Raava within her. Then perhaps the two of them could be saved.

"R-Raava....Korra..."Aisuya spoke weakly,before her fingers grazed Korra's hand. Almost immediately a liquid fire seems to burn from deep within Korra. Shaking her from her nightmare,she suddenly sat up gasping for air. Coughing violently as images of  Zaheer stealing her very breathe continued to plague her mind. She knew she was afraid and would probrably always remain afraid of the horrible man. Korra just hoped somehow she could get through it. Soon Korra spotted the unconscious Aisuya on the ground beside her,and immediately scooped her in her arms. What had happened to her? Wiping away tears from Aisuya's eyes Korra brought the sleeping woman to her chest,sobbing tears of utter sadness and regret.

Something in her heart told Korra she was responsible for her pain. And she deeply regretted it. But what could she do? She was no longer a fully recognized Avatar. Not without Raava,without her she was nothing. "I'm so sorry."Korra whispered to her sleeping friend,allowing herself to fully wallow in her sorrow.