Heart & Resilience

Dear Readers, I apologise for the delay and updates with this story. But I'm back and hope to share the tale of Korra and Aisuya. Also for those who wanted to see what Aisuya looks like then here you go. Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Korra and Aisuya spent many days in the swamp; Toph seeming to take pleasure in thrashing Korra. Covering Korra in more layers of mud than Aisuya believed was even possible. Everyday Korra would groan at her losses, but she would continue. Rising to her feet once more, preparing for another bending match with Toph. And during all of this Aisuya waited on the sidelines; with Sesi in tow. The large feline stretching across the small hut. His claws seeping into the very ground itself. He was bored. Sesi was always Abit of a handful when the large feline had nothing to do. With a grunt Sesi layed his large head in Aisuya's lap. His dear Master and partner, his sweetness causing a smile smile to make itself known to Aisuya. "I know Sesi, I know." Aisuya whispered to her furry companion. Earning a ruff groan from Sesi who purred quite loudly in her lap.

Gently Aisuya scratched Sesi behind his ears, making the feline purr even louder. To the point that Sesi even turned on his back, ready for tummy scratches. Giggling lightly Aisuya indulged Sesi though even with one of her oldest friends by her side. Distracting her. Aisuya still could not shake what she felt. The magnetic tug that beckoned her to Korra. So much infact that being away from Korra was physically sickening. Aisuya's stomach, also tied up in knots. She would awaken in a cold sweat. Panting for air, almost as if her very spirit was pleading with her. To give in. To run through the muck of a swamp. Jumping into the soft yet secure arms of Korra.

Aisuya had dreamt of this event since the truth of her past life was revealed to her. Though the two were never in the same place in her dreams. At one point the two women were in this very swamp. Korra's arms wrapping around Aisuya's waist. Tugging the shy woman towards her. The two would state at one another. As if they were the only creatures that breathed. Words were not necessary. For Korra would always place her right hand at the base of Aisuya's back. Her hot breathe dancing upon Aisuya's lips. Leaving her wanting more. More of the gentle yet intense heat that Korra gave off. Though no matter the dream, the two never said a word nor kissed. Only gazed at one another and smiled. And for a time it was enough for Aisuya.

A silent and private escape that no one was aware of but her. And with these dreams; Aisuya knew all too well that the dreams were a manifestation of her feelings for Korra. Feelings that she was too afraid to confront, and unsure if she should. But most of all if these feelings were indeed true. With a heavy sigh, Aisuya leaned down towards Sesi. Planting a gentle kiss atop of his large fur covered head. All the while silent tears slithered down Aisuya's cheeks. Her very heart on the brink of shattering from even the smallest of touches. But she just couldn't help herself. Blinking back her tears; Aisuya gently tapped Sesi. Who then rose to his feet, stretching as Aisuya climbed on board. Hoping that perhaps a run through the marsh would clear her mind. Plus Aisuya knew that Sesi was just itching to be rode again.

Gripping onto the sides of Sesi, as the large feline seemed to understand what Aisuya wished for. And immediately dashed through the mud. Sesi with effortlessly maneuvering across the marshy plain. The wind whipping through Aisuya's hair, making her smile. This was what she needed. A distraction. And as always, riding with Sesi made her heart soar. Yet as Aisuya was passing through the marsh with ease; Korra on the other hand was in the middle asking Toph a favor. " I need this poison out of me." "Your the Avatar, you can do it yourself." Toph commented rather firmly as she sat down on a large tree branch.

"You don't understand I can't do it." Korra explained and this seemed to anger Toph, who quickly rose to her feet despite her age. Stomping over towards Korra with a displeased expression on her face. "You can't do it because you believe you can't do it! Your holding yourself back, and doing that will put everyone you care about in danger." Toph stated rather coldly as Korra stiffled back a gasp as images of Aisuya clouded Korra's mind. Making her hesitate in her judgement. But Toph's words rang true. Korra's weakness would not only harm the entire world, but Aisuya as well. And she couldn't have that. Just the mere thought was enough to cause Korra's chest to tighten.

Swallowing a lump in her throat Korra straighten her posture. Knowing now what she must do. Stretching her arms out before her, Korra closed her eyes and centered herself. Breathing deeply, very slowly before the tension that Korra held deep within her body began to blare rather loudly. She knew this sensation, this constant pain that drove her to tears. Both when she was awake or asleep. This poison ate at her insides. Corrupted her and ceased her ability to preform her duties as the Avatar. With this in mind Korra slowly but surely began to collect the remaining poison from her veins. The silver droplets collecting before Toph's very eyes, who smirked at Korra's display of bending. Seeing that her way of teaching still held true even after all these years. After a few more painful moments a rush of relief filled Korra. Noticing the change in her body, she opened her eyes. Now able to visibly see the poison which had wracked her body so. Exhaustion soon swept over Korra as she collapsed to her knees, her breathing labored.

"Well done Korra." Toph complimented, causing Korra to crack a weak smile. Though before Korra could speak the power of Raava made itself known to Korra. As her eyes were overcome by the luminous glow. For Korra could now feel Raava closer than ever. But that was not all she felt. She felt the turmoil that wreaked havoc within Aisuya. And it was Korra's fault. Korra knew that her work was not done. Thanking Toph, Korra rose to her feet despite her fatigue. She had to find her.