Eight

(Eight)

The week passed by fast mostly revolving around school and Rachel. It involved lectures and theories to create the perfect pilot's out of us, and also having to spend my late afternoon's calling and texting with Rachel. Surprisingly, we didn't get bored of each other or lose things to talk about. I guess that was good.

Jay went out of town with his mom to visit his grandparents which meant he was not going to spend the weekends with us. That also meant that I was stuck with Bas. We planned a sleep over at my place as he felt as if we haven't had any alone time together and that apparently we have lost some 'connection' with each other. Sounds weird, but it was actually quite true.

It was 7:30 in the evening and Bas was outside my house.

"Good evening Mr Rivers! Did you catch the game last night? Sick game. Hi Mrs. Rivers, looking lovely as always!" Bas said with such poise.

"Why thank you Bas. How are your parents?" Mom asked.

"They are doing good! They have been really busy lately with the family bizz." Bas said.

"Bas come up!" I said sounding really annoyed.

"Well you boys do your thing." Mom said.

"See yah Mrs. Rivers." Bas said as he started jogging towards the stairs. I also noticed that he was wearing a 420 shirt which was a date about smoking weed during April 20. Thank god my parents have no idea what it meant.

"What's up Rivers? Looks like it's going to be just me and you tonight huh? Did you bring us some red wine?" Bas asked.

"Please don't be annoying, for the sake of humanity." I said.

"Roger that. Betty told me that Audris and Rachel were going to hang out with these rich kids in Forbes Park. Such a bummer that Betty is with her parents in the yacht club. But it's all good, we got each other's company." He said.

"Yeah I know, Rachel told me about it. She told me that this guy had some open party and she felt bad for letting Audris go alone. Let's just chill tonight yeah?" I said.

"Sounds good to me." Bas said.

We ended up playing Heroes of Newerth until it was 12 in the midnight. I have to admit, I was a little worried about Rachel. Like, what if she gets drunk and these spoiled rich kids take advantage of her? But then again, I trusted Rachel. I knew she was not going to allow anything bad to happen to her. That made me feel a little more eased.

Bas was still playing, while I rested my eyes. I was so tired that I immediately fell asleep. I was already dreaming, when I felt a force on my body. It was like someone was trying to wrestle me.

"Rivers! Wake up!" Bas said.

"Jesus, what?" I said sounding really confused.

"Didn't you feel your phone vibrate?" He said.

I grabbed my phone and checked what Bas was trying to say. There were 4 missed calls, all from Rachel. Great, now she's going to hate me again I thought to myself.

"Why, what happened?" I asked.

"Well, Audris called me. Apparently, they had too much to drink. They sounded really really drunk." Bas said.

When I heard the word "drunk" I jolted up from my bed and called Rachel. She wasn't picking up. Bas tried calling Audris until she finally answered her phone.

Bas handed me the phone. "Audris? What's happening, are you guys okay? Where is Rachel? She isn't answering her phone!" I said sounding really worried.