What I'll Need

What I'll Need from you

Ask yourself this question:

Do I have a specific photograph I would like her to use?

If so, is it good quality? This is vital for a great start of any good looking book cover.
    • If you don't have any specific photograph, you can just tell me and I'll find one for you.

Do I have any specific color that I'd like incorporated in the cover?

Different colors can put an emphasis on a certain part of your story or a certain character, place, or theme.

For example, in the book Chasing Red by Isabelle Ronin, Caleb calls Veronica Red because when they met, she was wearing a red dress. The book cover incorporates the color red in it.

Do I want a tag, hashtag, banner, design, or sticker?

What do you want as your hashtag, banner, or sticker?

-

In order to create your book cover, here is some other things I'll need from you.

Your name. As an author, you'll need your name somewhere on the cover, whether it's at the top, bottom, or somewhere near the title. You can use your last name, your initials, your full name (first middle and last,) your first and last name, or your username.

The title. The title is one of the most important aspects of your story. It's what draws people in to read your book. That, and the cover.

A description. The description of your story is what actually makes your readers want to read your story. Why do I need a description of your story? So I can get the feel and idea of what your story will be about. It will help me make your cover so it'll fit your story better. If you don't have a description of your story just yet, give me a synopsis of your story so I can have a general idea.

Your email. Why would I need your email? I'd need to send you your cover(s) when I'm finished, right?
-

Now, you have two options when using the cover I made for you. You can acknowledge me in your story description saying I made the cover for you, or I'll put "cover made by: _gumdrops_" in the cover when I make it. When messaging/commenting/emailing me that you'd like a book cover made for one or more of your books, if you do not specifically tell me that you will acknowledge me in your story description, I will put "cover made by: _gumdrops_" when making your cover. (:

If you like to switch covers often, all I ask for you to use my cover for three weeks or more, otherwise my work has been a waste of my time.

-

Have any questions? Just ask in the comments or in my private messages.