❁ F o u r ❁

"Chat? Can you help me with something?" Marinette asked nervously to Adrien who was baking quietly croissant in the kitchen. As Adrien heard his lady calling, he rushed towards the couch where she was sitting.

"Sure what is it princess?" Adrien asked as his slipped his arm around her waist, placing a kiss on her temple.

"C-Can you help me to take a b-bath?" Marinette was soaked in sweat, she didn't want to asked for such thing but then again she couldn't see anything. Probably she would  knock herself out on the bathroom. While Adrien froze, he feared that he wouldn't be able to control his hormones. But more importantly to him—Marinette need his help.

Deal with it Adrien, you will have to do this until she gets better.

He thought and quickly got an idea. "Sure, so what if I help you get in the tub, you undress when you're inside and you tell me which soap you need and I'll handle it to you from the outside, sounds like a plan?" He softly told  her, Adrien was disappointed at his own plan, he wanted to help more... it just wasn't the time.

"Yes kitty, thank you." She giggled surprised as Adrien picked up her, walking towards the bathroom.

He placed her on the bathtub and closed the curtain, "Whenever you ready princess."

Marinette undressed as soon as she heard the curtain slide closed. She sticked her arm out, throwing softly her clothes on the floor. "Ready"

Adrien's hand passed through the curtain and turned on the shower, he couldn't help but to peck over Marinette for a second. But what he saw caught him off guard.

"Mari.."

Her back was all bruised and full of scars, ones more fresher than others. It terrified Adrien who hurt she was but it also cause a rage inside him.

"Why a person such as sweet as Marinette will have scars?"

Meanwhile Marinette felt like she was being watched but she quickly shook it off, thinking that chat will never do that unless she gave him permission to.

Marinette back up, letting the hot water run through her bruised back. She groaned loudly as the water rubbed her scars and bruises. She softly stroke her back, pressing it to ease the pain.

Adrien felt how the anger traveled up his veins as he looked at his poor hurt princess, "who could've done this?"

" C-Chat can you pass me the shampoo please?"  Adrien jumped away embarrassed, banging his head against the curtain stick.

"Damn it" he said mumble and rubbed his head.

"Chat are you okay out there?" She asked trying to not laugh but she failed.

"Hey hey don't laugh!" Adrien begged, "here you go anyway." he placed the bottle of shampoo on her hand.

"Thank you."

•••

"Do you want me to help you get dressed too?" Adrien smirked, standing in door of their rooms

Marinette gripped her towel tighter in response,
"Ha, ha! So funny, get out kitty."

"Next time," he kissed her temple and closed the door as he exited.

"Wow how heated." A squeaky voice spoke filling the quite room.

"Tell me about it." Marinette scoffed amused.

"Tikki can you give me my clothes? Can't find them." She looked around with her hands but she couldn't find anything.

"Sure here you go."  Tikiki placed her clothes in front of the lost girl, Marinette grabbed them and got dressed. Lastly she wrapped the cloth over her eyes. 

She walked through the hallway of the apartment, supporting herself on the walls. As she approached the living room she heard Chat speaking on the phone, he sounded angry.

"Father that's ridiculous!" Adrien yelled angrily through the phone.

"Final is final, you get away from that girl or something bad is going to happened to her. " the line went dead. Shivers erupted in Adrien as he swallowed the words of his father.

Adrien sighed deeply and spun around only to find Marinette standing there, her skin adapted a whiter color and he could see her body shaking of fear.

" Mari I..-"

" I'll g-go." She almost whispered, running out, she didn't care she could bump into something, she just kept running until she reached the door and harshly opened it. Her hands shaking as she tried to find lock.

Marinette could hear Chat's footsteps getting closer, she desperately looked for it, she find it and locked the door finally.

Adrien tried to opened the door, but couldn't, he fought harshly against the locked door, "Princess please open up and let me explain."

"There's nothing to explain!" She sobbed, " I'll go!" Marinette released the cloth on her eyes, letting the tears escaped her eyes.

Leaving Adrien no option but to force her, he went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife to unlocked the door.

And he did so.

Adrien slowly opened the door, his heart broke  At the scen. Marinette lay on their bed, her face buried on the pillow, her terrified sobs could still be heard.

He lay down next to her and wrapped his arm around her small waist. Snuggling his face on the back of her neck. " My father is just controlling" Adrien began.

" I understand you're scared but remember that your kitty is here to protect you." He kissed the nape of her neck and hugged her tighter.

Marinette once again felt safe, and blushed a tint of red. Yet remained unsure.

•••

"Life is crazy, so crazy that sometimes it leads you to the truths and challenges in the craziest ways"
•••

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
Vote and comment if isn't too much trouble!
Until next time mes chatons!
~ Nicki 🐺