Part 4: This Is Our Time

I just realized that I haven't really given as much about Tony. Like you guys don't know a thing about him. Here's a little background into him and his relationship with Kierra and Michael.

Tony

I'm just sitting in my office, smoking a cigar. As the smoke disappears, I just think. Bout my girl, bout my life. How I get to this point in my life. I moved to Miami after Mi Madre died and my sister moved here. Her, Mama, and I all got into a big fight because she wanted to marry one of my very best friends. Don't get me wrong, she a grown woman but, she was only eighteen at the time. Then, before we could make up, Mama had a heart attack and died. And I swear to you, I couldn't live in Cuba without her there anymore. My mom was the sweetest, hardest workin' woman I know. So, I ran to Florida looking for a girl just like that. Instead, at the University of Florida, I found my best friend, Michael Jackson. We had sat right next to each other. Didn't even notice him at first, but I did notice his little girl. He had her strapped in one of those front facing baby carrier things. She was kicking her little feet and cooing. She glance over at me and smile real big.

         "Hey, baby," I returned her two-toothed grin. It was adorable and her father looked over at me.

"Oh, Paris. I'm sorry man, is she bothering you," he asked, looking down at her with a playful scowl on his face.

"No, no. She's just fine."
Then, our professor walked in, signaling the start of class. We copied down our notes and passed down homework. I remember feeling the male version of baby fever, listening to Paris coo and giggle. After a couple of jokes, Michael invited me out for drinks, at Hooters, after class. Ya see where I'm going with this. We sat down and immediately, a brown skin beauty comes to assist us. Her perfectly plump lips were pulled back, smiling. The way I knew she was gonna be my girl was when she said,

"Hey y'all. I'm Kierra. Normally, I'd try to convince you to try our specials, but I see the stress written in your faces. So I'll offer you some drinks instead."

"Good morning, Mr. Montana," that same voice now interrupts my thoughts. She look adorable in my cream colored button down. Her hair a mess, but she has an alley cat grin on her. I always have liked the feline sway of her walk.

" 'Mornin', Pussycat," I turn my chair out to welcome her into my lap. She nips at my ear and lightly purrs, making us both laugh. We soon get tangled up in a very passionate kiss.

"Girl, get off my lap so I can pee," I chuckle, lifting her 5'3" frame off me with little effort.

"Well hurry back, so we can demolish your office. You know this pussycat always purrs for you," she taunts, waving me off. Girl, my feet have wings.

Kierra
I'm enjoying this morning so far. I haven't been called Pussycat in a while. Normally, all I get is a grunt and a 'morning' from Tony, not this playful banter. The ringing office phone brings my train of thought into station and I make a grab for it.

"Hello," I greet whoever it is, still floating on cloud nine. The voice on the end snatches my cloud from under me and sends me crashing back down.

"Oh, you've finally gotten off your back to do something useful," Michael responds with a scoff. I roll my eyes so hard, I'd swear they'd get stuck. Not missing a beat I shoot back,

"Yeah, but eventually your momma tapped out after the fourth round." I quickly prop my feet on Tony's desk to get myself prepared for the proper roasting of Michael Jackson.

"Oh, you've got jokes now? Pretty clever for an ex-Hooters waitress."

"I still work at Hooters, dingbat. Was the only reason you called to aggravate me or did you actually want something," I groan, growing tired of his ass already. Arguing with Michael has turned me completely off.