12. Sheets

Rainy days were relaxing and a pleasurable weather that had a respectful and loved place in my heart. The day I fell in love had rain. And the day I knew I was cared for had rain. But the water that escapes the clouds and dashes towards the earth can bring thunder and lightning that can shock and frighten the most compassionate and brightest people in the world. I used to love the rain but now it's my worst fear. I saw it as a love filled day to a terrifying tomorrow.
I groaned as my eyes tried to focus on the bright room. They blinded and dimes until finally faded to a relaxing brightness. Pain struck me instantly and I grunted and moaned as I moved to calm it but it only worsened.

"Marinette!" Familiar voices echoed and changed around me. All different in sound but same in tone. Worry. I recognized friends and family filling the room.

"Don't crowd her! She's scared." They were right. I was.

"Do you remember us? It's your mom?" My mother questioned with her soft and kind voice.

"I'm Marinette." I replied weakly. "What's going on?"

"You were in an accident sweet heart." My dad answered closing the hole between the bed and my mother.

"You're in the hospital." Alya told gently resting a palm on my shoulder along with Nino.

A nurse spoke up with a cough to alert, "If everyone would please step outside."

"We'll see you in a bit." My mother smiled though pain covered her features.

-

"Do you remember what happened?" Adrien asked slowly but anxiously. He came in shortly after. He told everyone he'd like to talk to me alone. He sat beside me and smiled at me acting as if I was fine. I'm not. Is it just me or is everyone terrible at acting? He handed me a glass of water. I gulped a little down, felt it go down my throat and realized how refreshing it was. Man I must have been asleep for a while... I set the glass aside and weakly returned to a comfortable potion.

"I was running away, and I was scared and I was so slippery." I responded as if it was hard to remember.

"Why were you running?" His eyes searched mine.

"The words... She said more and more and I couldn't take it so I ran. And then I slipped and couldn't stop until a giant car stopped myself for me." I whispered.

"Who said the words?" He quickly questioned. It was like a life or death situation. He needed to know. "Was it Chloe?!"

"Are you my friend, Adrien? Do you like me?" My eyes shook as I asked him. His face practically fell and made confusing expression that I couldn't make out.

"You're my best friend! I-I love you, Princess!"

That rainy day was the happiest day of my life. Because I had fallen in love with him under the umbrella. I remember every rainy day and each day pulled me closer to my future. But the day I remember the most was the most bright and sunny day. Though I was inside, the window shined upon me and him like heaven had blessed us both. Or you could say the four of us. At least I can ease your troubles; I'm not in love with two guys any longer. Cause that rainy day ironically brightened my sight, and I realized he was both of them.

"I love you, too Kitty!" I'm grateful for the rain drops because they rivered me to him.