Recovery (Noriaki Kakyoin x Reader)

(AU where Kakyoin survives Dio's final blow and is recovering at the hospital.)

You sit impatiently at the waiting room, waiting for Jotaro to come out and give you the news. When he did come out, you felt as if your heart would stop, since you couldn't tell if it was good news or bad news by Jotaro's usually solemn expression.

"Kakyoin's fine." He said.

You instantly felt relieved. You thought Kakyoin wouldn't make it after getting a hole punched through his abdomen. But when the Speedwagon Foundation took him in, they helped him recuperate what he lost. It's as if the Speedwagon Foundation had alien technology or something.

"Can I see him?" You ask Jotaro.

"Yeah, just don't mess around, he's still weak." He said. "I'll be at my house if you need me." He then left, finding your way to Kakyoin's room in the late hospital.

Room 208. You slowly open the door and enter. Carefully making your way to Kakyoin's bed.

"....You're here. I thought Jotaro would be the only visitor." Kakyoin smiled.

You couldn't help yourself; you hugged him. Kakyoin was surprised and wide-eyed, nonetheless, he returned the hug.

"Easy, easy. I'm still recovering." He said quietly.

"I-I'm sorry..." You puller away, fighting back the tears that were forming in your eyes.

"I was afraid that I was going to lose you."

Kakyoin's expression softened. He wiped the stray tear off your face. "It's okay, I'm still alive, that's all that matters." He reassured you. He pulled you in gently for another hug. Soon after, a chime on the wall clock signaled that visiting times were over, and that you had to leave.

"You'll come back, right? It gets pretty lonely here. The only visitors I get are my family, Jotaro and Joseph.. I wish Polnareff could come and visit, too." Kakyoin said.

"Don't worry, Kakyoin. When you get your wheelchair, I'll call Polnareff and the others and maybe we can all have lunch together." You replied.

"Alright then." Kakyoin smiled brightly."

You nodded and returned the smile. You almost walked out of the room until Kakyoin stopped you.

"Hey, uh, before you leave..." He said.

You turned your head and ran over to his bed. "Yes?" You asked.

He carefully pushed himself up and gave you a kiss on your cheek.

"Please visit soon." He said.

"Of course I will."

(I'm not very good at this ^_^ I hope you enjoyed this anyways.)