2- Hope

I woke up the next morning having those puffy eyes because of my tears last night.

“Comm’on! Get lost already!” I told myself as I put large amount of make-up to hide this eye bags.

Well, I’m just terrified by the fact that my workmates might tease me about this with my timeless excuse of being bitten by a cockroach!

“Liaaaa!!!! Come down girl! We’re getting late already! OH MY GOSH! What happened!? I haven’t seen any insect creeping inside as I put your covers on!” Jenny said panicking about these bags.

she’s my bestfriend, a Collin... not Cullen. However, she is a die hard "Bella". She is the only person who knew that I'm back after leaving for a not-so-good-for-them reason.

“You entered here yet you haven’t shaken me so I may wake up and serve your pretty ass with some milk shake like how you please before you sleep?” I asked her trying to change the topic.
I rolled my eyes as she started to examine my face then my pillow then back to my face.

“Oh, no thanks especially if I just saw last night some dried tears on Aurora’s sleeping face. Don’t worry I ain’t telling somebody about it. I’ll stick with your original excuse.” She said while putting on her necklace with a wink before going out.

“Jenny! Toast some bread for me!” I shouted at her.

“I already did and it’s getting cold now Aleah!” she shouted back.

" Toast it once again w*nch!" I replied shouting too.

"Do it for yourself b*tch!" she answered.

Now that we live together, shouting is a trend here in our apartment. That is why we are practically glad to have a place wherein there are no other people that we could disturb aside from each other.
I finished fixing myself so I could have my breakfast and ride a cab to Munchies.
By the way, I’ve been blabbering the whole time yet I haven’t introduced myself. I am Aleah Choi. Currently 27 years old. I like red, pancakes, and a warm coffee mixed with some cocoa. I love to read books, paint, draw. The 8-10am mascot shift and 1-6pm cashier at Munchies. Jenny and I owned it, but we would like to run it on our own and make ourselves as the workers, together with Sungjae and Aera as the waiters, to save some penny instead of hiring extra other personnel who might not meet our expectations.

“Princess? We’re here? You can stop spacing out now.” Jenny woke me back to my senses. Oh! I haven’t noticed we’re at Munchies already.

“Ah yeah. I’m sorry.” I said as I hopped off the cab.

As I checked my phone, my blood runs off my head as I read the newly arrived message.

>>>SMS Received from Taehyung
-Be there at 8:30. I need to be early because of some appointments Miss. I hope I would meet you soon.

He’s still as prompt as he was. One of the things I hated, but one of the things that made me love him more.
Then my spirit almost left my body as i caught a glance of the time and found out that it is 8:10 already! For the love of God Aleah! How could you be so negligent!

Spacing out is not a good practice!

“Jenny, can we hurry on packing out? Someone’s gonna arrive at thirty.” I told her stammering.

“Ah sure.” She replied.

After fifteen minutes of fixing the insides of Munchies, I left Jenny and went inside the staff room to change and wear the mascot. Few moments passed, she knocked.

“Hey there’s someone looking for something.” She said through the door.

“Yeah, coming!”

So I came out wearing the mascot while holding a bag. Now, the act starts.

“Good morning Sir! How may we help you?” I asked him trying to sound calm and jolly as possible.

“Uhhh... Hi! May I know if some girl just dropped here a package?” he asked looking hopeful. He still look the same. Like he never aged. Could this man be a vampire? I always love those cheeky eyes that he have. It makes him more charming... specially when he smiles.

“This?” I asked while handing him the bag that contains the coat. Bless me God! If i'm not wearing this mascot, he must have seen me tremble like there's no tomorrow.
He checked the bag to see the coat.

“Yes! That’s it! When did she pass here?”

“About an hour ago sir.” I lied... this becomes a habit.

“Thank you so much there Ms. Munchy! I hope that woman could know my gratefulness.” He said as he put a hand on my shoulder which made me shudder.

“No problem Sir!” I told him while saluting playfully.

"Wait, is she a regular costumer here?" he asked hopeful.

Sh*t Lia! Too much talking! Stop it!

"Sadly, I just saw her twice. Yesterday and few moments ago." I lied again.

He just nodded.

“So I must go. I have a meeting to attend.” He said as he starts to walk away.

“Have a nice day Mr. Kim!” I told him and he replied with a smile.

When he was on the drive way in his car, I just felt my legs wobbled like a jello. He still got the same effect on me. He probably might not have noticed my voice because of the mascot. I love to stare at those blue hypnotic eyes. It also smiles when he smiles. I really love the way my heart jumps when he’s around. If it’s not just because of my choices, we mustn’t be like this right now. Who would have thought that we must have our own family right now if that separation didn’t take place?  A little boy must have called me ‘Ma’ now.

“Ms. Munchy, can I have a milkshake???” I little boy pulled the hem of the mascot caught me back.

“Sure honey! What flavour do you like?” I asked him jollily.

“Chocolate!” he replied with a hop.

“Okay. Because you are a pretty kid, it’ll be free.” I told him while smiling.

“WOW! Yehey!!! Thank you Ms. Munchy!” he said as he kissed my mascot’s cheek.

This kid made me smile. His cheeks burned pink due to the sunlight, but it looks cute on him. My little boy must have look like him, if I haven’t lose him. As the kid head up to Jenny, I secretly wiped my tear.

“He’s free Jen!” I shouted to her.

“In this early? Lia how would we earn if every kid you see would earn a hundred percent discount?” she said grumpily, but gave the kid his drink.

“He’s cute.” I said while smiling

“I must have accepted that excuse if it’s a boy I can marry now or tomorrow.” While she rolled her eyes to me.

I just smiled in return.

The kid hopped all his way to his mom by the streets, waiting for something. It might be a cab.
I envy the sight. But I don’t feel bad about it, God may have a purpose.

But still, I can't deny the silly fact that I picture myself carrying a child with Jasper by my side.
The day ended well, and it seemed like the child was a good luck to us. He must come back tomorrow so I can give credit to his mom too.