6 - Run

It is still dark outside, but any moment from now the sun would start to wave its warmth.

I just woke up from my short slumber after the event few hours ago. I decided to make some run around our area to relieve my body from the tremor of those morbid memories and to breathe dawn's air. I'm thinking that it might help refresh my mind.

After I washed my face and drank a glass of cold water, I scribble some note for Jenny to inform her of why I would be out for some moments and clips it in a magnetic frog at our refrigerator.

I will be out for a walk. -xoxoLia

I went up to fetch my hoodie and portable digital music player.

I might not be around when she wakes up, knowing her excessively paranoid mindset, she would panic. Last time, I went to the store to buy butter, when I got home there was a swarm of people around our apartment. I recognized them as our neighbors few blocks away, but they just returned to their houses when they realized that I’m around and well.

As I went in, she lightly punched me at the arm. She told me that she almost called the police thinking that I might have been abducted by the rampant human butchers who would kill and sell your internal organs to Chinese restaurants and use it in a soup.

I giggle at the memory.

As I tried to keep the silence, I carefully tip-toed down the stairs while carrying a pair of running shoes while putting on the hoodie with the music player inside its pocket. After I tied my shoelaces, I headed out.

Don't ask me how I did it, I'm a human and it's my own version of swift multi-tasking.

The cool breeze of an early January morning greeted me it own hello as I opened our front door.

4:13am as it was said in my watch. I turned my head left, and then turned myself to the opposite direction.

Eighteen houses from ours will be the house of Mr. Han who is Taehyung’s manager.

If I would turn left again from that house, there would be a white building at the far end from that street.

At the right side of it, there will be a small convenience store, between those building there is a path wide enough for two motor cycles to have its way side by side.

If I would follow that path, six houses from that white building will the Taehyung’s apartment.

What if I visit again?

I secretly walked to that place four days ago, but I can’t make myself meet him or do anything because I would start losing my breath when I see him around.

Three weeks after that Munchies accident, Aera told me that Tae has been roaming around our area looking for a vacant apartment. He moved in two weeks ago and it was rumoured that there would be other people that would live with him there next week.

I wonder who they are. I am sure that he is not married yet because no one talked about it... if I'm not mistaken.

Why am I thinking about it when I can’t even bring myself to talk to him?

Pabo.

At the deep thought while listening to BTS’s Butterfly, I suddenly noticed the white building few paces away from me.

“But I walked the other way...” I muttered to myself.

“I must have turned this way absent-mindedly. Pabo” I cursed myself.

Ah meolla, it would be better if I get something for myself in the convenience store instead. Wait. What if Tae is already awake and he is inside the store buying something? Ani... He won’t be. It’s 5:30am. He might be inside his house sleeping or maybe half-awake. It’s too early for him to get out. He usually wakes up at 6:30 before.

He hates to wake up early. He still hates it, right?

Okay. He is still at home. I can go in and have something. It’s okay.

“Alright.” I muttered and walked closer the convenience store.

As I walked in the store, I removed my earphones and proceeded in making my way to the coolers to grab a bottle of soya milk. I used to hate that before, but Tae’s mom kept on insisting that I should start being more into milk and reduce my coffee intake because she want me and Tae to get married and Tae doesn’t like bitter food and drinks. After few weeks of training my palate, I learned to like it.

I sigh... almost everything that I do reminds me of the Taehyung whom I wished to have, again.

I brought myself to the steamer in the store to have a cheesedog in bun. Nice, what is the purpose of my workout again? Is it to keep me fit? Why am I doing this? I laughed in my head. But as I open the steamer, a suddenly felt a strong shiver and I got goosebumps.

A strong pang of pain shocks my senses like someone stabbed me without my knowledge. There then, everything seems to disappear except for the thong that I am holding, the bottle of soya milk that is on the floor, and a deep voice that is lowly singing just behind my back.

Eoneunal darege

gilgogin pyeonjireu lsseosseo

*thump *thump I also hear the taping of the singer’s shoes on the floor

Neoboda hanajin anhjiman

Jangeun chot bureul kyeosseo

The voice is faint due to the music inside the convenience store, but it is the only thing that I hear.
Nothing more.

Eoseureumhan gongwone

Noraehan eunireu moreul sae

Where are you

oh you

It is so beautiful. It is so sincere. But I feel so so so sad that it rips me apart. The sound grew fainter as he walked farther from me towards the other aisle.

Wae ulgo itneuli

Weogin nawa neo ppuninde

I started to sob. His song is so sad. His soft voice is so sad. I don’t want his to feel that way but I made him feel that way. “Mianhe.” I whimper softly with tears in my eyes.

Me and you

oh you

Yes, there is only me and you. “Yes.” I murmur before I fell on my knees.

At that event, the thong I’m supposed to use to get the cheesedog also fell on the floor and it caught his attention. I can only see a pair of shoes getting closer to my location as my vision is blurred by the generous amount of saline that my body secretes through my eyes.

I close my eyes but before I end up lying on the floor, I feel a tight grip on my shoulders.

“Hey! I need help! Call 119 or any of the nearest hospital.” He shouts to the people in the vicinity. I open my eyes but everything is blurred out, yet I recognize the voice of the man who comes to my aid.

“Arasso.Arasso.” answers a woman not far from us.

“Miss!Miss! Hey! Stay with me.Don’t close your eyes. Keep breathing.” He says.

Am I not breathing already?

“Miss!” He calls out to me again while shaking my shoulders.

“They said they can’t say how long they would be able to get here. There has been a collision near Hakdong minutes ago and all of their units are active.” the woman informs my rescuer.

“Aish! They are so slow moving!” He mumbles. I forcefully blink to clear my eyes and as I open it again, I clear saw Taehyung’s face closely next to mine.