5 - Tick Tock

I heard heavy footsteps as I creep down a narrow alley.

Dark.

Cold.

Dangerous.

How come the next target chose such beautiful place to die?

The chill of the night clings to my skin tight clothes but it never sent any shiver down my spine nor decreased the hollowness of my soul.

I heard a faint clink in a distant area

The person tries to be silent with every move he make, but he can't hide away from me.

Each breathing I heard was like music to my ears.

"What now A?" the man behind my back stated.

"Let him have a headstart." then I grinned evilly then stared at this four-storey building in front of me as if it is the person who would be killed by my gun.

Every moment that the sun sets, the sinful night always thrills me.

I climb the emergency staircase of the building by these narrow streets.

"A, we would lose his tracks." Another comrade tried to remind me.

Without saying a word, I told them to continue their path as I make my own.

As I made my way up, the clicking of my heals against the metal are the only thing you could hear. The scent of rust, the rough texture of the metal bars, the blinking of the streetlights and everything is beautiful. It overwhelms my senses. It excites me like a little child every Christmas morning.

The darkness of the night welcomes me at the rooftop of the building. It makes everything visible. Being at the top is both suffocating and pleasing at the same moment. The faint blinks of the city lights presented an illusion of a swarm of fireflies in an enchanted forest. It greatly contrasted the darkness that engulfed this little county. Nevertheless, both are beautiful.

The wind of this silent night blows my hair making each strand look silvery as the moon showers me with its deceiving light.

As I cherish the warm welcome of this cold night, I heard the rustle of a garbage can. To the North. I quickly run to the source of the sound. Each step I take is almost quiet as how a stray cat jumps from one window to another. I could almost think like I fly from one building to another everytime I leap at each hood until I reach my destination. Fifth building from my origin. Target found.

I recklessly jumped my way down from this three story building. I gracefully land on foot. The impact stings, but I quickly stand up and raised my rifle up to aim at my target.

I silently stalked close to him still aiming the gun, I could see the fact he doesn't know that I am already behind him. He never leaves his eyes from the only entrance of his hiding place.
Unluckily cornered.

"Still hiding from me kitty?" I whispered just enough that he could hear at our three feet distance.

He trembles as he turns to see me bend down and allowed the lips of my gun kiss his head goodbye. This man is too short for a person with a capability in aggravating people to a point that they would choose a mercenary just to keep him quiet.

"Any last words?" I playfully said.

"I. DID'T. DO. ANYTHING." He hissed.

"Sorry, I'm just paid to kill ya." I told him before kissing his cheeks to leave a mark, then pulled the trigger.

"urgh!!!" I screamed to myself then pulled my hair to ease the pain that I feel.

2:36 am.

These nightmares.