f i f t e e n - c a r e g i v e r

Troye closed his car door as he walked up the drive way towards the house that was Katie and Alexis'. He had seen Connor before his trek over here. He's doing just fine, he misses his little things and the comfort of his own bed but other than that he was just fine.

Troye got up to the door, took a breath and knocked. Behind the door he could hear things rattling and a faint 'hold on' as he stood at the door. He laughed knowing that Alexis was probably cleaning up something and running around the house. She was always such a scattered person. 

"Oh, Troye. Wh-what are you doing here?" Alexis said curling some hair behind her ear. 

"I need to talk to you, is Katie awake?" 

"No, no she's uh... she's taking a nap. Come on in." Alexis says opening the door more for Troye. 

Troye said a quick 'thank you' as he went in and sat at one of the bar stools that sat at the island in that sat in the kitchen. He'd always forget how big Alexis' house it. 

"Troye what's wrong you seem-."

"Am I a bad caregiver?" Troye said cutting off Alexis. 

Alexis placed the drying towel on the counter near the sink and sat next to Troye. "No, why are you asking me this Troye, do you think what happened is your fault?"

"Kinda yeah," Troye started. "I feel like if I had shown the police the text message and told them that Jackson was after me and Con he wouldn't be where he is now."

"Troye," Alexis says placing her hand on top of his. "Jackson, still would've tracked the both of you down. This was beyond your control, either way Jackson would've gotten Connor."

Troye's head drops. "Connor deserves someone better than me."

"Troye I see the way you act towards him and I see the way he responds. Connor loves you and I know you love him. I've never seen you this happy before, and Troye I need you to understand something."

Troye looks up, "Yes."

"We as caregivers feel that if something bad happens to our little we blame ourselves. We think they deserve better. But we also forget that we make mistakes too, we want to be a perfect caregiver, and that's something we won't live up to."

"And that's okay." Troye said understanding Alexis' mini speech.

"Momma?" Katie said.

Both Troye and Alexis turned to see a little Katie wearing a onesie with little owls on it and a stuffed bear hanging from her hand.

"Hey Kitten, I thought you were asleep."

Katie waddles over to her respected caregiver and climbs onto her lap, laying her head on Alexis' shoulder. "Too hot."

"I think I'm gonna head back over to the hospital." Troye says getting up.

"Wait Tro," Katie says removing her head from the crook of Alexis' shoulder. "Is Connie 'kay?" 

"Yeah Munchkin he's okay. The nurses said he can come home in a few days."

Katie smiles, "Good! Cause Connie says you makes him happy... and he makes you happy too! You're a really really really nice daddy and I no wanna see you said because then that'll make me sad too."

Troye smiles, "Thank you little one I'll make sure to tell Con you said 'hi', okay?"

"Okay bye bye Tro. Say bye bye puffy." Katie waves 'goodbye' and then grabs one of her bears paws and has her "wave" 'goodbye too.

"Go up to your room and I'll be there to tuck you in after I say goodbye to Troye." Alexis says. 

Katie bobs her head and walks back up the stairs before waving another 'goodbye' to Troye. Troye smiled and waved back walking towards the door. 

"Katie really loves you." Alexis says. 

"Yeah," Troye says. "I guess she does. I'm happy I got to meet her."

"And she's happy she got to meet you too." Alexis says smiling. 

"Thank you... you know for the talk, I really needed that." 

"No probs Troye, you're my best friend. Why wouldn't I give my best friend a pep talk?"

"Shut up Lex," Troye says playfully slapping Alexis' shoulder. "And "probs" really? What are we 13 again."

"Whatever, see you later loser." 

"Bye dummy."

xxx

"Hey baby." Troye says peeking his head into Connor's room. 

"Troye weren't you just here like a few hours ago." Connor said with a chuckle. 

Troye sat down at the foot of Connor's bed and shrugged. "Yeah but I felt like I needed to see you again." 

Connor nodded as silence fell over the room all you could hear was the faint beeping of the monitor and if you tried really hard you could here both boys breathing.

"Am I a bad boyfriend Con?" Troye says.

"And where is this question coming from?" Connor says raising an eyebrow. 

"I was at Alexis' earlier and I asked her if I was a good caregiver and she said yeah, I guess I just need a second opinion."

"Troye, come here." Connor says gesturing him closer.

Troye does as asked as Connor grabs a hold of Troye's hand. Connor and Troye both sat there looking into each others eyes as if both of them were trying to find the right words to say.

"This," He said gesturing to his body. "Is not your fault. None of this is your fault. I choose to jump in front of the gun just like I choose to be with Jackson. Look Troye, I love you and you know that. You're an amazing caregiver just like you're an amazing boyfriend."

"I love you so fucking much." Troye said before kissing his boyfriend on the cheek.

"Yeah... I love me too." Connor said ginning at Troye. 

"Shut up and give me another kiss." Troye said before attaching his lips to the Americans. 

xxx

heyooooo

let me just start off saying rest in paradise christina grimmie, you will be missed. 

i honestly can't comprehend what possesses a person to do such a horrible thing, and everyone starts making a joke about it. i saw tweets say 'at least she's relevant now' or 'bieber's  next' seeing those tweets made me upset. how could someone make a joke about this type of situation. it hurts my head to type this let alone read new articles. to top it all off the guy that had shoot her killed himself and people were making a joke about that. i understand what he did was beyond wrong but that doesn't give you the right to make a joke of him too, he's still human after all. 

sorry i needed to rant. 

but i hope you like this chapter i like writing troye's relationship with alexis and katie. ( tbh , alexis and troye as well as katie and connor have a cute friendship and they are kinda goals ) 

someone messaged me about how troye knows alexis and katie, do yall want to know cause i can tell you their backstory if you want to know of course. 

i'm eating a bag of white cheddar popcorn and it's so good, oml ( sorry that was weird )

leave some fanfictions that i might like cause i need something to read ->

leave some music suggestions just cause ->

i'm asking a lot from you so i think i'll leave.

later loves!

-ria