Chapter Two: Meeting the Group

Two days went by quickly and when the time came for Carly to leave, she fibbed and told Jaelyn that she was gonna go search for a new place to do her shows, since it got poached by the shaggy haired pretty boy. She went along with it, telling Carly to be careful before going back to doing the dishes.

It was 4:00pm and Carly had no idea where she was going. Pulling the address up on Google Maps, Carly finally starts actually walking there. Finally finding the place, Carly heads inside climbing up many flights of stairs. Spotting an older man with a fedora, Carly slows down her walk. He looked presentable like this was a job interview while her on the other hand not so much. She wore flared, high-rise jeans and a Fall Out Boy t-shirt tied in the front showing her midriff. Pairing it with converse and low pig-tails, she looked rather childish, but she didn't care since it was comfy.

"Well, hello there," Fedora Man says and tilts his hat. "Let me be the first to kick my ego to the curb and say we aren't the only ones here."

Looking behind herself, Carly watches as a women with fiery red hair and gorgeous beyond compare walk up the stairs with the shaggy haired pretty boy she saw a couple nights ago. Carly just scoffs before shaking her head and looking around the now cramped hallway.

"I'm Merritt McKinney," Fedora Man introduces and starts to shake everyone's hands. "Mentalist."

"Henley Reeves," Redhead girl says.

"Carly Contrary."

"J. Daniel Atlas," Shaggy haired pretty boys says and squeezes past everyone for the door. "May I?"

"It's locked," Merritt says but Daniel doesn't seem to care. Merritt then starts flirting and doing this mentalist thing on Henley. Carly takes a step back and leans against the wall, pulling out her phone as she starts to snoop on the people she was standing with, checking out their social medias.

As Daniel and Henley start to argue, with Merritt fooling around like a... well... fool. Carly found some interesting things. Merritt was your typical fizzled out magician. He had his own show and hair products, but his name quickly died when others came to fame. Henley's name pulled up her very own website which had a lot of the typical surface level stuff. Daniel however, Carly could barely find anything besides a grainy video of him on YouTube. Carly shoves her phone in her back pocket when a young Dave Franco looking man comes up the stairs and then starts raving about Daniel and how great he was.

"By any chance, Jack, did you get one of these?" Merritt interupts and holds up a tarot card.

"Death!" Jack holds up his card.

"The High Priestess," Henley says with hers.

"The Lover," Daniel says earning a scoff from Henley.

"The Hermit," Merritt mutters. Everyone looks over at Carly who just pops her bubble gum before holding up her own card.

"The Fool," She says with a grin. Everyone stands there for another second, taking in this new information before Jack speaks up again.

"So... are we waiting for someone or what?"

"Doors locked," Everyone says in unison.

"Oh, nothing... nothing's ever locked," Jack says and in seconds opens the door.

They all walk into the room following Henley, using flashlights from their phone or like the freak Daniel, a mini flashlight. Carly walks through the apartment only to find it absolutely disgusting. She pushes open a door to see a gross bathroom and gags. They go into what must be the living room and see glass vase filled with water, a white rose, and a note card. Daniel picks up the note card.

"Now you don't," he reads. Henley picks up the rose.

"A rose by any other name," She mutters softly then throws it into the vase. Water from the case starts to move across the floor, seeping into a symbol carved into the floor. Quickly a type of gas fills the room, but before anyone can freak out, Merritt shouts out that it's dry ice. Walking over to a light switch, Daniel flips it on right with Carly also gets there.

"Powers out," Carly says and crosses her arms.

"Let's see," Merritt whispers and reaches up to twist a light bulb tighter into place. All at once, blue and silver holograms fill up the room from all angles. Carly stares in awe as she tries to read one section of it all.

"Blueprints!" Henley exclaims.

"Who did this?" Jack asks looking around confused.

"I don't know but I sure do want to meet them," Henley answers. Turning to the group, Carly starts to put all the pieces together in her head and quickly gasps once she's got it, earning everyone to turn their head to her.

"It's a show!"