Chapter Ten: The First Show

Three months later the Five Horsemen stood at the entrance to largest stage in Vegas, awaiting their grand introduction for their grand finale. Carly looks around at everyone and smiles at their coordination. Black and white was their theme. Carly wore black satin shorts with black thigh high boots and a white mock turtleneck shirt. Her hair was down in beachy waves to complete the look.

"Merritt McKinney, Carly Contrary, Henley Reeves, Daniel Atlas and Jack Wilder," The booming intercom voice announces to the audience. "Arthur Tressler and the MGM Grand proudly present: The Five Horsemen!"

The Horsemen make their way back on stage and wave to their beloved audience. Before the finale they did some grand individual acts to liven up the crowd and show what they were made of.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Merritt says into his mic, calming the audience's cheers. "Tonight, we would like to try something that will set us a bit apart."

"For our final trick, we're going to do something never before seen on a Las Vegas stage," Henley says earning an "ooh" from the crowd.

"Or any stage, for that matter," Jack shrugs as he speaks.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" Carly presents herself next to Daniel.

"Tonight, we are going to rob a bank," Daniel finishes and the audience roars with applause. The shaggy haired pretty boy leans over to Carly and whispers, but of course it still got caught by the microphone he wore. "That's a lot of excitement for a crime."

"I'm getting excited, what about you people?!" Henley asks the audience getting an even louder response.

"Who here has a bank they'd like for us to rob?" Carly asks holding out a hand to the audience. Every other person in the room raises their hand and Carly whistles to that.

"That's a lot of vendettas," Daniel points out.

"What on earth are we going to do?" Henley asks nobody in particular, feigning confusion.

"We'll just have to choose at random then," Daniel answers.

Jack, Merritt and Henley all walk to opposite sides of the stage where fishbowls resided.

"Jack over there has section numbers," Daniel explains. "Jack can you toss one please?"

Jack tosses the ball to Daniel who catches it and reads out loud. "Section B!"

Section B stands up and cheers loudly. Merritt throws Daniel another ball with the row number. "Row 5!"

Row 5 cheers even louder, getting excited. Henley tosses the seat number only for Daniel to miss and Carly to catch it. She turns to the section and announces, "Seat 13, will you please stand up?"

"B-5-13," Daniel says and points to the one and only Etienne standing there with a spotlight on him. "Can you please tell us your name and your bank."

"My name is Etienne Forcier and my bank is Credit Republican de Paris."

"French..." Daniel trails off and earns an uneasy chuckle from the crowd. "We were hopping for something a little local, Mom and Pop credit union with no security, but this is fine."

"A promise is a promise," Carly says and smiles up at Etienne. "Can you please come up to the stage and we'll... well we'll rob your bank."

"While Jack is helping Etienne to the stage, there is someone else here tonight, without whom we would just be wishing we were here," Daniel speaks up again to fill time. "Even though we've been wishing about being here for years. You probably already know this man by his number of buildings with his name across them. He is our friend. Our benefactor. Arthur Tressler, everyone."