Chapter Six: Let's Rob a Bank

Carly wakes up only to find herself tangled up in her bedsheets with Daniel. His arms were around her waist, while their legs were up and over one another. She quickly untangles herself and slips out of his hold without waking him up. After doing a big stretch she grabs her bag and heads into the bathroom to take a shower. She had a massive tension headache that she was hoping the warm water would soothe, but all it did was make her dizzy.

Before she can pass out, Carly gets out of the shower and towels herself off before changing into the outfit of the day. She wore a white pleated skirt and a purple button up shirt, except it was tied in the front and he sleeves were rolled up slightly. After doing some makeup, Carly walks out to let her hair air dry a little bit before she was gonna style it. Walking into the kitchen, she pulls out the coffee maker and is about to put in a filter when Daniel walks out of the room.

"Take a seat, I'll make it," He instructs her.

Carly jumps up on to the counter and watches as he starts the brewing process for their morning coffee. He was already dressed in jeans, a black t-shirt and a white suit jacket. Once the coffee is made and brewing, he steps over to her and places each of his hands on either side of her on the countertop. Carly's face turns red as he leans in closely.

"How are you feeling?" He asks in a hushed tone.

"Fine..." Carly answers confused.

"Are you sure? You feel better?" He asks again and she cocks her head to the side. "You don't remember..."

"Remember what?" Carly asks and leans close to him, she was now worried about whatever happened last night. "What did I do?"

"You had a nightmare," Daniel tells her and watches as she blinks surprised. "You woke up crying and mumbling to yourself, but I guess you didn't actually wake up if you don't remember anything."

"Oh, so that's why I have a headache," Carly says with a small chuckle, looking down at her hands sitting on her lap, now they were fidgeting as she tried to remember what her dream was about.

"Don't try to remember," He tells her and cups her face with one of his hands, she looks up at him surprised by his tenderness. "It took an hour to calm you down and you didn't stop crying until I held you. I'd rather not have a repeat of last night right before we head out."

"Sorry," Carly mumbles and shakes her head hoping that it would shake out all the negative thoughts seeping into her brain. The coffee machine beeps and Daniel steps away to pour the two of them a mugful. After handing her a mug, he leans his back against the counter and the two of them watch as everyone else filters into the kitchen to start their day.

*~*

That afternoon, Jack and Carly stood at the bottom of the stairs awaiting their turn. Carly peeps over Jack's shoulder and watches as Merritt begins with a little hypnosis right before Etienne comes down the stairs. Daniel then flings a poker chip in the air before catching it right in front of Etienne's face. Henley skillfully gets his measurements as Carly clears her throat, signaling Jack. Pulling out a few $100 bills, she waves the money in front of Jack's face.

"I won it all in Vegas, I tell you!" She exclaims in her best French accent.

"Everybody wins in Vegas!" Jacks mocks in a similar accent, but barely resembled French. The two continue to banter until Etienne walks out of earshot before giggling up a storm.

"What was that accent?" Carly asks him and shoves his arm with her shoulder.

"I told you the accent would be a bad idea," Jack tries to defend himself but ends up laughing alongside her. At the top of the stairs, Daniel glares down at the two who were getting awfully close to one another.

*~*

That night, Carly laid underneath the money inside a truck with Daniel on one side of her and Henley on the other. Her finger tapped the base of the truck anxiously and only stopped when Daniel grabbed her hand. He laces their fingers togethers, but doesn't look over at her, whilst she turned her head to look at him. Her face flushed at his close proximity and just admired the way his hair fell off the side of his head instead of normally in his eyes.

Before she could get too caught up in her heart, the truck stops and Henley is the first one out, drugging the guards. Jack and Merritt arrive with their own truck and everyone starts to push the money into their own truck. Switching the real money with flash paper look-a-likes.

"Did we seriously just rob a truck with 3.2 million Euros?" Carly asks once they're all on the road to the airport. Henley giggles before turning around to face the girl.

"Hell yeah, we did!" Henley exclaims and everyone else chuckles alongside her.

Now it was time to head back to New York.