Chapter 37: Looking Back

I'm sooooooooo sorry for the really late update. *^* I was busy with many things and couldn't find time to edit this. Luckily, summer break's around the corner and I'll be writing as many chapters as I please.

Thanks for sticking and bearing with me haha. Give this a like and a comment, and enjoy ^^

***P.S I have edited this, but mildly. So there are no big words and not a lot of enhanced vocabulary. I plan to edit the entire book once I'm done with it. [Because editing takes me twice as long as it takes to write the chapter lol]

"Maybe because I've seen the damage that has been done to him. He's hurting everyone around him. I wouldn't want to be him."

~ Adam

*******

Adam's POV

*******

"I befriended her." Maymoona paused, biting her lip. "I hate you." She felt hot tears rushing down her face and other girls in the bathroom staring at her. She wiped them off, telling herself she could be strong. Turning off her phone, she walked out of the bathroom and back into the cafeteria. Maymoona glanced over to the table where Mariam was but didn't spot her. Concluding, she must have left the place while Maymoona headed to inform a certain person she had done what she was told to do.

The day dread on, every second seeming like an hour, and finally when the last period was over, Maymoona strode out of the front doors, still eyeing around for Mariam. She waited anxiously by a pole dug into a sidewalk for a couple of minutes, hoping her new "friend" will see her. This "befriending" was a task given to her, and she was to carry it out at all cost. Befriend Mariam and make reports about her daily habits.

A couple more minutes passed by until a group of boys came her way, and one stood out the group, smiling at her. His name was Brandon, and he was always picking on females. Maymoona gave a little glare, giving a little signal that she was not interested. He came over, leaning against the pole beside her.

"What are you doing here, sunshine? Waiting to be picked up by jocks like us?" He teased, inching closer. Maymoona continued glaring, not going to let a couple of boys rule her.

"Why don't you screw off, bastard?" She snarled, and they laughed. It made her angrier, and she picked up a rock, the size of her fist, and threw it at them. "I mean it. Get away from me or I'll report this."

They dodged the rock, and Brandon did not seem to be pleased. "I wonder if they'll expel me." He thoughtfully said in a sarcastic tone. Maymoona hadn't known that one of her friends had spotted the situation and was coming over to help her out. The car parked in front of them, the doors opened, and Adam climbed out, stomping over to Brandon- punching him in the face. He curled over, red liquid gushing out from his nostrils. Maymoona let out a little scream and pulled Adam back. "I'm okay; I'm all right."

Brandon wiped his nose and scowled, not knowing who the boy was. "Hey, I don't give two shits who you are, but my buddies here won't hesitate to beat you up here and now."

Rolling his eyes, Adam scoffed. "High school drama. Also, I don't want to see you around her, yeah?" Adam growled as Maymoona pulled him back. She didn't want it to become a police case. "Let's go, Adam," she whispered in his ear. Adam didn't let his eyes off them until he got inside the driver's seat, continuously cursing under his breath.

"Better stay away from me." Maymoona stuck her tongue out, knowing they were drowning in rage. However, they couldn't do anything except stop Brandon's nosebleed.