Chapter 6: Mental Illness Declined

*******

Mariam's POV

*******

I tripped over the window sill, but soon felt someone grabbing me.

"MARIAM!" I opened my eyes and saw Maymoona holding my feet. She was leaving over the edge, holding me for me for my life.

"Is she still throwing books?" I yell back.

"No, just crying. I hope the nurses come fast."

"I'll try to pull you up." She tugged at my feet, yelling a loud 'ouch' before almost letting me go.

"God, you're going to get me killed."

"I'm trying but you're heavy." I felt her hands on my calves.

I look around to see we were behind the building. That means there was no one to report seeing Maymoona trying to pull me back up.

"You're too heavy and my hands are slipping. I can't hold on." Maymoona grunted as she reached and grabbed the hem of my jeans' belt.

"Say that again." I was getting scared now as there was concrete below me. If I fall from a third floor's window, I might die. Though luckily I felt Maymoona tug hard and wrap her arms around my waist and pull me inside.

"Argh." I felt a sharp pain stab my side. Tears pricked my eyes and I left my shirt to see broken glass had slashed my side.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Maymoona placed her hands on her mouth. "Oh my god, oh my god!"

"Gosh." I breathed heavily, wincing. "It hurts like hell."

On cue, nurses barge in and one of them grab a sobbing Sara who was curled in the corner and another comes to check my wound.

"We'll need to relocate Sara in another room and get a doctor to check in her before we shift her to another hospital." The nurse commanded the third one, gasping at the sight of the room.

*******

Maymoona's POV

******

Mariam was still in the hospital. It's been a day since they didn't let her out and I had no clue what to do.

Her wound was healing okay as I had seen her yesterday.

I sighed and looked out the window. It was dark and rainy and honestly, I didn't like rain. I should be lucky since there are people out there in the world that don't receive rain and look at the sky every day and feel hopeful that. I can get really emotional a lot of times and thoughts like this occupy my brain a lot.

I stared at the ceiling until I got bored and laid on my bed, cursing because being bored is so boring. What should I do?

I suddenly got the idea of doing some investigation. I never really liked the idea of investigating about Amina and everything, since it's a 20 year old ago job but it's for Mariam and her mom.

So I decided I'd review Sara's video I took the day before. I took out my camera from my purse and got comfortable on my bed.

I clicked play and while watching it I heard the words, "Tao and gah!" a lot. And Sara did say Amina a lot too. Seeing how helpless Sara was made tears fall down my eyes and I cursed again because this wasn't the time to cry.

Sara occupied my mind for the next few minutes and I couldn't help but think she was being controlled. Maybe the whole ordeal was frightening to make someone mentally ill but still. Sara could have the ability not speak unless her throat had been stabbed.

I sigh and turn my head towards the window, and my mouth opened to scream at the top of my lungs.