Thirty nine

It is currently 2am but I haven't updated in a month so forget sleep. What is sleep anyways?
Because I have kept you guys waiting long enough for this chapter I will say no more.

Enjoy

...

Today is the day I have waited 13 years for. The moment is finally here and I feel nothing. No sadness, no excitement, I am numb. I thought your emotions were supposed to be all over the place on your graduation day.

As I stand outside of the school auditorium along with the same kids I've gone to school with since kindergarten I see some people that can't stop smiling and some that are already crying but I have yet to find someone that looks how I feel inside. Unless they are hiding it really while, I think I am the only person that just wants this to be over with.

"We all look like a bunch choir singers." Jacob says as our group of 6 reunites for the last time in this building. He wasn't lying. With all of the students in large royal blue gowns, we look like we are about to spontaneously burst into song.

"I don't know what you are talking about, I look damn good in this gown and did I mention I am rocking this hat." Jaime inflates her own ego.

"That thing on your head is called a cap not a hat." Lucy corrects

"Same difference." Jaime says with a slight frown causing a chores of laughter within our group, everyone except for me.

"What's the matter?" Ben subtly whispers to me not wanting to attract any attention to our side conversation.

"I don't really know what to call the emotion I'm feeling. I don't know if I'm relived or scared or-" I'm interrupted by a pair of lips. The kiss is short but it was enough to stop my rambling and get me out of my own head for a few seconds.

"You are just nervous babe that's all. There is no need to be though." He explains carefully.

"What do you mean I have nothing to worry about?! What if I mess up my speech or I fall on my face when I go up to get my diploma or-" and again those same lips interrupt my soliloquy.

"And I repeat you have nothing to be nervous about. You will be fine Alex. You've been practicing that speech for the last month. You can recite that speech in your sleep, hell if Amelia could talk she would know the whole thing too. This is supposed to be a special day, don't ruin it for yourself by stressing over nothing."

"Sometimes I don't see how I could ever live without you." I say honestly letting my lips form into a smile for the first time today.

"Remember that you said that." Before I get a chance to ask Ben what he meant by that the principal yells for all of us to get in our alphabetical ordered lines so we can prepare to walk in. Considering that I'm Reid and he is Wilson, we are both towards the end of the line but with about 30 people in between us. I try to keep what Ben said in mind but as soon as that song starts playing the nervousness washes over me once more.

I start to walk towards my seat looking straight forward not wanting to risk any sudden movement that would make me fall. These heels were ridiculously high and the only reason why I'm wearing them is because Sadia threatened to beat me with them. Once I finally sit down I let out a breath I've been holding and look around for my family. I can only see about half of the audience from my seat so I'll waiting until I get on stage to see them.

"Good afternoon parents, friends, family, and graduates. Welcome to this years commencement for Lincoln High Schools graduating class of 2016." The auditorium erupts with cheers from the students and everyone in the audience. The principal goes on to talk about how proud he is of us and speaks about some of the things we have accomplished as a class.