Fifteen

Sorry for the wait! Enjoy!!

It has been a week since I told Ben that I am pregnant. I would have to invent a new word because awkward doesn't even fit what has been going on between Mr. Adams and I and now Ben and I. I have tried to avoid coming to first period everyday but I was starting to get behind so that didn't work. I talked to Mary, my counselor, the vice principal, and the principal to try and get out of Mr. Adams class. But I heard the same thing every time.

"I am sorry but there are no other World Literature classes available to you."

I could handle being in the same room as him as long as I don't look at him, but lately Michael has been purposely messing with me. When ever he walks by me he either bumps me or coughs to get my attention. On Monday he actually moved me to the seat directly in front of his desk. And yesterday he touched my stomach and I felt like I was going to faint. He said he wanted nothing to do with me but yet he is always around me.

On the other hand, Ben keeps his distance but that is kind of hard with how many times I see him. Before I didn't have to worry about being around Ben in first period because I sat on the complete other side of the room. But now that Michael has moved my seat we are directly next to each other. And then at lunch we sit at the same table. There are constant awkward looks exchanged but never words spoken between us.

Everyone else can feel the awkward tension between us but thankfully they don't ask. One of us is always asleep in history so we don't have to worry but when it comes time for practice I just want to go die in a hole. You would think that since we are on different teams we would get a break from each other but no. Coach Wyatt has been forcing us to train together to show the underclassmen what "team work looks like". Even then we don't speak.

"Earth to Alex! Why are you eating all my fries?" Seth yells breaking me from my mind. I haven't eaten anything since breakfast and now I am starving. I have already finished all my food so now I am just picking off of peoples plates.

"Because I am hungry!" I shout back taking another fry.

"Here Alex you can have mine since Seth is having his man period." Jacob says handing me his plate.

"Thank you Jacob!" I say and then start to eat all of the fries Jacob gave me.

"Gosh Alex you must really be hungry. It's okay though I understand you are eating for two." OH MY GOD

"What are you talking about now Sam? Are you high?" Jaime asks Samantha trying to stand up for me.

"Why don't you just tell them Alex? I know it must be killing you not being able to tell your friends." She says now getting the attention of everyone in the cafeteria.

"At first I was just paranoid. Thought you were just eating away your feelings or something but then you didn't have a single drink at your own birthday party. Turning down the birthday shots blaming it on having to drive or whatever. I know you well enough to know that you would never turn down a drink. And if that didn't spark my interest the three positive pregnancy tests you left in my guest bathroom sure did. So why don't you just tell us that you are pregnant Alex!" the entire lunch room has there eyes on me. I can already hear the whispering begin. I would tackle Samantha to the floor right now if I weren't frozen to my seat.

"I knew it! I freaking knew it! Alex Reid is pregnant. Why were you so afraid of telling us? I can already tell you are going to be a horrible mother. Do you not know who the father is? I always knew you were a whore. Go ahead and tell us who the lucky guy is." she says with a mischievous grin on her face waiting for my answer. I look around the room and everyone has there eyes on me waiting for me to answer.