Forty

That's right ladies and gentleman, I'm back

That's right ladies and gentleman, I'm back. So sorry for the wait but I've been so busy getting ready for college that I haven't had the time to sit down and write. But here it is the last chapter of Teacher's Pet.

Enjoy

...

2 months later

"Who's bright idea was it to ask Seth to help us move?" I sarcastically ask my fiancé as he moves yet another box out of a room it didn't belong in.

"You told me to find extra hands, you didn't say the hands had to have brains." Lucy, Jaime, and I throw our heads back laughing as Ben exits to go get more boxes from the truck.

"Seth's professional moving at your service." Seth sings as he walks into the apartment with two more boxes. Jacob following close behind.

"Oh Seth the professional mover, you do know that boxes labeled 'bedroom' don't go in the kitchen right?" I decide to inform my simple minded friend.

"These boxes are labeled??" We all groaned in response.

"Of course they are labeled. How else would you know where the things inside go without opening it?" Jacob questioned.

"Well I was trying to figure it out by weight. If it was heavy then it probably belonged in the kitchen. Those pots weigh like a thousand pounds." Seth tries to explain himself but just ends up digging himself in a bigger hole.

"That's your boyfriend." Jaime says to Lucy in a loud whisper.

"Sadly he is." Lucy walks over to her not so bright boyfriend and kisses him on the check. "Why don't we go unpack the boxes and let Jaime finish bringing them up, okay babe?" Seth follows behind his girlfriend.

It's about a month before school starts for Ben and I here in Florida. We didn't want to risk being stuck in all the college move in chaos, especially with a newborn, so we arranged with our landlord to let us move in a little earlier.

Because of all the stuff we had to bring and how it is damn near impossible to drive this far with a baby without stopping, we invited our 4 best friends and turned our 22 hour drive into a 4 day road trip. Stopping in different cities along the east coast to eat, sleep, and sight see, it was the perfect end of the year trip for the 6 of us. With all of us going off to college in the fall, we don't know when we will get the chance to all be together again so this is a good trip to hold us off until next time.

The loss of two helpers meant that I had to leave my duty of organizing the kitchen to help Ben and Jacob bring the last of the boxes in.