3. La Merda Succede ♛

I typed into the keypad that opened the gate to my neighborhood. Tucked inside my pocket was Vince's wallet and that was all I could pay attention to.

The gate opened and I sped through, arriving to my house quickly, and then opening the garage and quickly parking there.

Pushing open the door to my house, I could see that the lights were on, signaling that my mother was wide awake and waiting. I groaned already knowing that there would be a lecture coming my way.

I didn't bother tip-toeing in nor pretending I wasn't out until three in the morning. I just walked in like every other time with the facts laid out in front of me. It wasn't as though I could hide it.

I could see my mother walking towards me as soon as I pushed past the door. "Sasha Lamont! Where the hell have you been?"

"I was on campus grounds." The lie rolled off my tongue easily. I pushed the wallet further down my pocket, trying to hide it yet it still managed to stick out.

"Until 3 in the morning? Are you out of your mind?" She pushed me towards the living room. "Sash, we have an interview tomorrow! Did you forget already?"

Why ask a question when you already know the answer?

"What interview?" I walked past her and made my way towards the kitchen. Off the counter, I grabbed a red apple and hopped onto the island. My mother scurried behind my trail the whole time. "Want an apple?" I questioned, extending my arm with fruit in hand.

She ignored me and continued, "The one where the magazine comes and interviews us here! Sasha you promised me!"

I took a bite of my apple and responded with a full mouth. "Mom what am I even going to tell them?"

"First, don't talk with your mouth full." My mother playfully slapped my hand. "And second, you don't have to say anything. Just sit, look pretty, and pretend that our life is going perfect."

She wanted me to pretend that her divorce with my father hadn't fucked our life up. No biggie. It wasn't like his slut was out calling TMZ to give fake rumours about my mother or anything. I had vowed the day that the hoe stepped onto our property that I was going to make her life a living hell.

"Got it." I took a juicy bite out of my apple and munched at the great taste.

"I also wanted you to come home early because your brother is here!"

I quickly gulped the large piece of apple without fully chewing it. "What?" My voice croaked and my eyes widened.

"He's sleeping since his flight was so long."

"I have a brother?" I asked.

"Don't act that way Sash. I know he may have..." she rubbed her hands unsteadily. "Made some wrong decisions in his life but he is still your brother."

"Did the bitch come?"

My mother's eyes slanted at me at the curse word, but I shrugged it off. "What? She's a bitch and it's a universally-known fact."

"Treat her with some respect." She looked towards the stairs as if someone was there. "You can be a bit too harsh at times Sasha."

"Mother, not to sound rude or anything but if I don't treat my own brother nor father with respect what makes you think I'll respect Nevaeh?"

I took another bite of my crimson red apple. "She's satan herself. Her name spells heaven backwards. I think that's proof enough."

I could see the ends of her lips turning upwards. My mother did not like Nev at all.