3 || Frozen

I ran. I ran so fast that I was out of breath after about 80 metres. Not as courageous as I would have hoped for, but eh, I'm getting there.

After my inspirational encounter will the most wise child under the age of ten I will probably ever have, I decided to up my game. Poppy boosted my confidence and gave me the slap in the face I needed to achieve my goals, so I'm on my way to do that.

At one o'clock I scaled 16 blocks, and still nothing. At two o'clock I scaled another 14 blocks, and still, nothing. Zilch, nada, zero. I was quite familiar with the feeling on failure, seeing as I've been in this situation before. Looking for her. The time reached four o'clock and I turned to see a van with 6 NEWS plastered upon the sides and back.

There's no way.

I just stared at the van from the middle of a crossing, in awe. I was so zoned out, that men and women in cars were honking their horns, bringing me back to the real world, shaking me out of fantasy land. I shuffled off the road and reached the closest lamp post, resting my head upon the cool surface. I couldn't believe that this might be my chance to meet the love of my life, if she is the one to step out of that van of course.

I walked over to the area in which the camera men were setting up. They were set outside the local gym that I attend to, GET FIT. I bought a gym membership, and every year I renew it, but I haven't been in there for around four months. I was too busy looking for her.

As I turned to see many people gather around the camera scene, the most beautiful woman walked out of the van. It was her. Her brown locks bounced on her shoulders as she pranced from the vehicle in such delicacy. I was practically drooling, but I couldn't help it. The love of my life was standing before me.

She called upon some people, and started interviewing them. She looked at them in such interest, writing down their words with her left hand. She was so special. She looked up from her writing, her eyes in the direction of mine. Unless I was dreaming, she was looking straight at me.

She thanked the old man she was interviewing and started in my direction. She got so close I couldn't breathe.

It was time.

This is it.

I walked towards her, about to reach my arms out, before she locked arms with a woman around the same age as her, maybe a little older. I stopped.

I turned and walked away.

*

Her broadcast had finished and her camera crew were packing up. Not that many people were around, so it was about time I made a move. I walked up to her, and she noticed. She could tell my eyes were on her, and as she seemed okay with my approach, I thought about what I was about to do and how.

I stopped and looked down at my clothes. I have a stained pair of sweatpants and a ripped t-shirt on dating back to the 90's. My shoes were basically dirt and I wasn't wearing any socks. My hair smelt like left over Chinese food and my face was a whole mess in itself.

I was frozen. I couldn't gain the courage to walk up to her. And when she saw that I wasn't 'interested' anymore, she hopped into the van and drove away.

I kicked the closest thing I could find and headed home. Another day, another failure. Such a close encounter.