5 || Rejected

She said no. Well actually she said, and I quote, "Not in a million years." but really, whose paying attention to all those minor details? But besides that, the truth is, is that the love of my life, my one true love, rejected me.

I know how my life was really fucking shit this morning and I thought that things may not ever get worse, but I think I underestimated the fact that the world fucking hates me and that it's inevitable that things can only get worse for me. My whole existence, since I could remember, has been one massive shit hole.

She stands there looking at me, trying to guess whether or not her response has had an effect on me, and frankly I don't know how to react. Do I break down into tears and regret every day of the past 2 years, 7 months and 12 days since I discovered her beautiful face on the TV or do I handle it like man and get on with my life.

"I uh um" I stumble on my words, not able to configure a response that is witty enough to please her and myself.

"Thats it, I'm leaving. I'll go back to my fulfilling life that allows me to interact with people that actually matter and have purpose on this earth, and frankly, if you can't make a decent coffee, I don't know what you can do." And with that she strutted out of the shop front, and left me alone in the dark.

Deciding whether or not to cry at this very moment was difficult, but as no-one was around, I thought why not. I crouched down, head in hands and sulked, knowing that to the only woman I'll ever love, I'm just a nobody and a waste of her time.

-

Ever since Scarlett left me in the shop front alone, I've felt nothing but loneliness. I've been going to the gym everyday since then to work out and take my mind off things. I wake every morning at 4:30 a.m. to go to the gym, so I have enough time later to shower and get ready for my morning shift at the coffee shop.

Although there is only one person present at the time that I visit the gym, I still try not to make eye contact with the guy. He always gives a small smile when I walk in every morning and a wave when I walk out, and I do the same, to be courteous.

"Hey man." This was the first thing that this guy has ever said to me, which took me by surprise as I was finishing up my bench presses. "I'm Liam."

"Harry." I shook his hand. He seemed like a nice guy.

"Thought I'd strike up a conversation with you, seeing as you are the only person that ever shows up to this gym anymore." He said.

"Well, I always thought about joining a gym, and after some events in my life, I just said 'fuck it' and here I am." He chuckled at my remark, and thus begun our friendship.

"So Harry. Got a last name?" asked Liam.

"Styles. And you?"

"Payne. Where do you work?"

"Coffee place about 25 blocks from here."

"Oh yeah, I think I may have been there once. Maybe. Yeah probably not." Liam said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Our small talk was a little disappointing, but the longer we know each other, the better our conversations will be. "Uh yeah, haha. Well it's nice to meet you. I got to get going now, but I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I waved him goodbye as I headed to the change room to shower and change.

I left the gym and commenced my long, but leisurely walk towards my workplace. As I walk, the streets become louder as more and more people begin their day. The sun begins to shine through the mist of the morning and the day has officially begun once I've reached work and begun making coffees.