6 || The Scarlett Project

"Can you believe it? I mean, she basically told me that my whole existence had no purpose and that she doesn't like to surround herself with people lesser than her." Liam was nodding his head, unsure how to respond to me. As he stands above me as my bench press support, I keep rambling on about my problems and issues.

"C'mon man, are you sure you can't just find another girl to obsess over that might actually think your a guy worthy of her time?"

"No no no. I can't, no. That's just not an option right now, or never. She has been the one for so long and I'm not going to just give up on that just because she doesn't even want to associate herself with me."

I finished up with my morning exercise and went to the showers. The steaming hot water cleanses my body as I continue my conversation with Liam, nothing but a shower curtain separating us.

"Well then what are you going to do. Because its not going to just happen. She practically hate you from what I'm hearing and its going to take more than one appearance to get her full attention."

"Well, then, what do you suggest?" I was completely blank. All the ideas I've ever had in my life never followed through or were just a complete disaster, so it was better to get a second opinion.

"Okay, didn't you say that she thought you had no purpose?" I nodded my head, signalling for him to continue. "Then do something that shows that you have purpose. Do something that will get her attention whether she likes it or not. For heavens sake, try and get on the news."

"Fucking hell Liam, your a genius. But one issue. Even if I get on the news, how do I know that she'll report it?"

"Do something local, or if worst comes to worst, request her to cover your story." Liam crossed his arms and plastered a grin on his face. He knew that his idea was the greatest thing I've heard all week.

"Your the best man! See you tomorrow, so we can really make this plan a reality." I high-fived my new best mate and waved him goodbye from the gym entry.

-

The Scarlett Project

Day 1

Today, both Liam and I began a plan to help me win over the love of my life. At first, it was just me complaining about how empty I was without her but once I got that all out of my system, we made genuine progress.

Liam was an absolute genius coming up with the idea that we are going to pursue in order for me to succeed. I'm really grateful to have him as my new best friend. And to think it all started at a dying gym that no one ever goes to anymo

I drastically put down my pen as the idea sprung to mind. The gym. Who would have thought that the answer to all my prayers would be some run down gym with the only customer being myself? I have to call Liam.

I dialed his phone number and waited.

*beep beep beep* "Sorry, your phone is unable to make this call due to unfulfilled payments. Goodbye."

As I put my now useless phone down, my power then went out. Alright, new priority list. Number one, pay bills otherwise you can't live properly. Number two, get the girl of your dreams otherwise you won't be able to live properly.

As I made my way to my room for the night, now and then stubbing my toe into some item of furniture, I grinned (not at the pain but at the idea that my dream girl might become a reality). This was actually going to happen. She's going to be mine.

She's going to be mine.