Chapter 2

Each day drags on dreadfully for Azula. She silently hopes for her father-or heck, even Zuko -to come rescue her from the Forgetful Valley. She would've looked for a village or nearby home, but the problem is that the valley is far too big for Azula to explore without losing her camp and what little security she has. Furthermore, the first day Azula ran off in shock of seeing her mother she discovered a hostile bird-like animal and decided to stay away from it as well as she can.
     Besides the memory of her mother apologizing and revealing herself to Azula and her brother replaying in her mind a million times a day, Azula seems to find her mother's face just about anywhere she goes. In the stream where Azula gets her water, in the stones of her cave, and in the hollow of a tree are just a few examples. So, as Azula fills her straw basket with water, her mother appears to her once more.
     "I love you Azula... I do." Gasping heavily, Azula throws down the basket into the water and creates a big splash that nearly drenches her. "Enough, mother! Since you've managed to turn everyone else against me, I guess you won't stop until I turn against myself! I won't let that awful plan of yours work!"  Her mind races as her legs suddenly get up and she starts running. She doesn't really understand why she's running, but it seems she can't stop. "Faster.... That's how I'll get away for now." Azula runs for what seems like an eternity, until she hears something very unfamiliar. A human. Being isolated for longer than what she's used to, Azula wants to know what a human could be doing in this valley. They could rescue her! She begins to curiously saunter behind the sound. Looking up between the leaves and branches, she sees something that she never could've imagined.

------------------------------------------------------
I hoped you all liked this cliffhanger chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote, I'd like to know what you think Azula saw! I might start looking through the comments of every chapter and giving a dedication chapter to one person who comments. My first dedication and this chapter's dedication goes to @grither55 for helping me with the idea of the story. Thanks for reading and I hope you keep it up!