Chapter 1

"'Please leave reviews for this story and stay tuned for another story!' And publish" I mumbled to myself as I finished typing the last few words of my story on wattpad. I looked at my story I finally finished after a month of non-stop typing. I really wanted to win this year's wattpad winner. I had been writing so many stories but in vain.

I stretched and yawned. I blinked my eyes, trying to get used to the darkened lighting in my room after glueing my eyes on my phone screen for hours on end. I decided to go for my morning jog to get some fresh air. Shuffling, I made my way over to the bathroom to freshen up. I splashed the cool water over my face, thinking about how to improve my stories. I sighed as I looked into the bathroom mirror. A person with brown eyes and messy black hair stared back at me. Why was my hair always so messy? I jogged back to my bedroom and took my favourite bright red rubber band. I pulled my hair back into a messy high ponytail. Jogging over to my wardrobe, I fished out my jogging outfit before changing into it.

"Mom! I'm going out to jog now!" I hollered, opening my bedroom door. "Remember if you feel unwell or find anything unusual, call me. OK?" Just as I was about to open the door to go out, my mom popped out out of nowhere and stuffed a phone into my hand. "Remember to call me when you start jogging and when you finish and~""Yes mom. I know." I interrupted her, annoyed by her non-stop reminders. Why was she even telling me this? Not like a serial killer would just appear at your doorstep and kill you once I am out of my mom's sight. Besides, my 18th birthday just passed. Why won't she just give me a break? With that, I walked out the door and locked it behind me.

The cool breeze carrased my face as I took in the serene look of my surroundings. The dark green leaves on the trees swayed gently in the breeze and the colourful flowers attracting hummingbirds and bees and all the other kinds of pollinators (or agents of pollination as my science teacher prefers it to be called) with their colour and scent. The familiar tweeting of the birds and the sounds of bicycles filled my ears. This whole thing made me feel a sense of nostalgia. Before my parents and I shifted to this new house, I used to play in the park beside my old home. It had similar characteristics as the park outside the current house. The sight, the smell and even the feeling of the atmosphere.

Sighing, I turned to the path to jog. All of a sudden, a searing headache pierced through my head. I stumbled and collapsed to the ground, squeezing my head. I gritted my teeth while rolling in a ball around in my front porch. After a while, the pain got so great I started clawing at my scalp, wishing the pain would just go away. A big part of me wanted to scream so badly for help but I had to concentrate on not blacking out. The world started spinning wildly and before I knew it, I was struggling to focus on everything around me. My hands unwillingly reached down to my pocket to call my mom. Calling my mom would probably take away my only chance to connect with the outside world. My mom had always been over-protective over me for no apparent reason. It was really getting on my nerves lately. It's not even that dangerous outside. Okay, okay. Back to the story. So I unwillingly reach for my phone. The phone fell out of my shaking hands and dropped onto the floor. I slowly turned around to get my phone. As I slowly turned, afraid that moving fast would worsen my worsening headache, the air seemed to stop going down my windpipe and eventually reaching my heart. I gasped for air. Praying. Praying that if this was how I was going to die, I would die fast. My throat made a weird screeching noise. It sounded so inhumanly. I scratched my throat, hoping that whatever was disrupting my air flow would stop. Soon, my breaths grew ragged and shallow. The searing headache earlier was nothing compared to what I was experiencing.