Chapter 2: Denial

You remember the date – September 18th, 2015. The day you decided to follow your heart, and damn, were you very happy you did – March 18th was coming up in two weeks time, and you'd be celebrating your 6-month anniversary with Chad. The past 6 months had been amazing, all thanks to Chad and his charming ways, but even after every amazing date you had with him, you'd still come home, tears welling up in your eyes, heartbroken.

Sebastian stopped speaking to you as soon as filming wrapped in the last weeks of November, heading out for supposed "much needed rest" in New York, but when you went to visit Anthony and him for a week in December, he came up with multiple reasons as to why he was "too busy" to come by and say hi. Chad, Chris, and even Downey told you to not let it bother you – Sebastian was probably busy with side projects and really disappointed he couldn't see you, but what he was doing wasn't intentional.

You stopped believing that once January rolled around and Seb was a no show at the cast reunion party for New Year's – Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston showed up, and they weren't even in the movie! Chad comforted you after the party, promising you that he would find out why Sebastian was acting so strange, but all of his efforts were to no avail – no one had been able to get a real answer from him, not even Mackie or Evans.

- 5 weeks later -

"Still heard nothing, then?" Chris sat down next to you, straightening out his jacket and tie as you rested your head on his shoulder.

"No, and honestly I don't know what I'm going to do if and when I see him, Chris. It's been 5 months."

"To be honest with you, and Anthony agrees here, I don't think you should talk to him when you see him. This isn't some "give him a taste of his own medicine" kind of thing – what's the point if you've been trying for so long and he's just refused? I don't think things will change just because you'll be together in person."

You glanced up at him, sighing and nodding as you pulled away from him. You stood up, pulling a lone thread off your dress as you walked towards the mirror in the room. A knock startled you as you heard a muffled voice behind the door.

"(Y/N), can I come in? It's me, Chad."

You sighed in relief as Chris stood up to open the door.

"Hey man, how are you? It's been awhile, huh?"

The two hugged as Chad laughed,

"Oh yeah, how long? 48 hours, maybe?"

"Too long, I don't know how I've survived! I'll see you two later tonight."

Chris gave him a pat on the shoulder as he waved goodbye to you both, closing the door of your dressing room behind him.

Chad approached you from behind, wrapping his arms around your waist, nuzzling his face into your neck, placing a kiss as he began to pull away to glance up at your reflection in the mirror.

"You look amazing, love. Are you doing alright?"

"I am now that you're here, Chad."

You turned around, wrapping your arms around Chad's neck, hugging him tightly, not wanting to let go. You heard three sharp knocks on the door, Fiege's cue that you were due to show up for the upcoming panel. You kissed Chad on the cheek as you pulled away, grabbing his hand as you went to open the door.

"I'll see you after your round of interviews, right?"

Chad smiled and kissed your hand, nodding.

"Yes, ma'am. I can't wait until then."

You blushed and smiled as you both let go, going your separate ways. Your phone buzzed in your hand, and as you looked down to check what it was, you felt a strong grip on your shoulder as you were pulled back before missing a step on the stairs in front of you. You yelp from the shock, dropping your phone on the floor as you regain balance. You look down to see a hand picking up your phone, and your gaze leads you up into a pair of piercing blue eyes, practically staring right into your soul. You gasp quietly as you grab your phone, confused as to what you should say.

"Sorry. Be more careful next time, (Y/N)."

Sebastian glances back at you as he makes his way down the steps, leaving you unable to answer.