~ Chapter 17: News ~

The feeling of burning heat on my satin covered back is what wakes me up this morning, or is it afternoon, I can't really tell. I keep my eyes shut tightly and keep my breathing even. I don't want to disturb Peter in case he's still asleep. I snuggle in even closer to his warm chest and the grip that he has around me tightens a great deal. He's awake and he knows that I am as well, I can sense it. I feel his lips touch the top of my head and I smile at the simple, loving gesture.

"Good morning," I say tiredly. I just slept for I don't know how long and I'm still tired. How does that work?

"Good afternoon more like it. The sun is directly above us meaning that it's around twelve pm," he explains happily. I prop myself up on my elbow and look at his face. He smiles at me, but not his usual drop-dead smile. It's a tired looking one. I wonder how long he's been awake for. "How are you feeling?" he asks me, while pushing a loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Perfect! I am absolutely and completely brilliant!" I exclaim happily, while falling back onto his muscular chest. He smiles down at me.

"I'm glad. So what would you like to do today?" I think about his question for a split second.

"Can we go and look around. This place looks so beautiful, I just want to relax and enjoy our time together. Please." He smiles gleefully at me and plays with the fingers on my hand.

"Alright then. Why don't we get up and have some lunch and then we can go out and do everything you want to," he recommends. I smile and give him a kiss on the lips, before jumping out of bed. He smiles at me lovingly and follows my lead.

"I don't think we should worry about a bath if we are going to be swimming in fresh water today," I say while walking over to the closet where all our clothes are.

"I think you are right," he agrees simply. He walks over to me and puts one arm around my waist and uses his other free hand to go through all the dresses that are in a line of colour order. He pulls out a light violet and white one and gives it to me. I have to admit, he has good taste. I smile and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you," I say as I slide out of my nighty and grab the undergarments that are needed for the outfit. I toss them on, before sliding into the long dress. I wonder if Aslan got dryads to make all these clothes for us. I've never seen any of these dresses before. I glance over at Peter and realise that he's already dressed and watching me with a smirk. I walk over to him casually and playfully push him onto the bed. He chuckles at me so I stick my tongue out at him.

"You are so immature," he says before grabbing my hand and pulling me down onto the bed with him. I giggle as I land on the soft mattress. He laughs along with me. I don't know how, but we end up on the ground in a long heated kiss, with him on top of me.

"Can we please have some lunch now?" I ask against his lips. He smiles and pulls away in a matter of seconds.

"Sure, what would you like, my angel?" he asks while getting up off the floor and pulling me up into his warm embrace.

"Um...apple pie," I say randomly. He looks at me curiously.

"You want apple pie for lunch?" he inquires with a raised eyebrow. I nod. "Well okay then my random, odd wife," he whispers so quietly that I almost don't hear it.

I think that was the point. I grimace but decide to disregard the thought. Peter shakes his head suddenly as if trying to dismantle a thought and pulls me down the stairs. Once we get to the light kitchen, he sits me down on one of the chairs at the dining table, before he walks over to the kitchen and gets out two plates and two forks. I unexpectedly hear two taps on the window behind me. I spin around quickly and...