~ Chapter 25: First Day ~

Brianna POV

"Brianna? Brianna! What are you doing? Come back this instant!" I don't listen. Why would I? That lady is nasty and trying to hurt me. My eyes glance upon the nice lady. She's holding green jades, the most rarest flower in Narnia, and she's in a pretty dress! It's purple, my favourite colour, and pretty and long. "Brianna! Come back! Don't go to her!" The nasty lady wants to keep me, she doesn't want me to leave her side, but the pretty lady says that I can do whatever I like when I'm with her. My legs carry me faster and faster over to her before I leap into her arms.

"Oh, Brianna! You beautiful, little girl. You don't want to go back to that other lady, do you?" I shake my head at her and wrap my arms around her neck.

"No, I want to stay with you. Don't send me back to the nasty lady!" I plead.

"BRIANNA!"

"Come along then, my dear. Come and be my servant." That's not what I want though. I look over my shoulder to the nasty lady who is crying on the ground. She doesn't want me either though. Being a servant for the nice lady is better than staying with the nasty lady any day.

"Okay."

"Such a good girl. Now, why don't we get rid of this nasty lady?" Yes! Send her home! She doesn't need to be here anymore.

"That would be perfect." I get placed gently back on the ground by the nice lady. Something is happening though. The nice lady's dress tears into a million pieces as she starts to grow really big. Her hands get really fluffy and furry and the rest of her body turns grey. I don't know how nice this lady is anymore. Her head transforms into a dog, only it doesn't look like a dog. She's got blood in her mouth. I turn to look at the nasty lady. She's crying and still screaming my name. The wolf lady jumps over me suddenly before she sprints over to the nasty lady, swallowing her whole. I really don't want to be a servant for her anymore.

"Oh, Brianna. Come to me. Be my servant." She bares her teeth, letting a roar come from down within her throat. Run, Bree, run. I turn around, my legs already racing me forwards. The wood comes out from nowhere and I'm suddenly jumping over tree logs. They're too big for me though and it slows me down. I can hear the wolf lady running quicker up to me. "Brianna." I turn around and scream as she leaps forward before –

"AHHHH!" I sit up screaming; sweat is dripping off of my face and my hands are feeling very clammy and wet. My body is shaking with fear and I really can't help the tears as they cloud my vision before pouring over. That was really scary. I've never had a nightmare like that before. I lay back down and curl up into a ball under my sheets and quilt. Where am I? This isn't my bed! The tears race on, not stopping for even a moment. Sqqueeak. Huh, what was that? I curl up even more under my sheets as a stream of light comes pouring into my room. I look at the now open door; not taking my eyes off of it at all. A shadow appears, blocking the light. I try to hold back my sobs. I can't let it know I'm here. The shadow walks closer and closer to my bed. The sobs are starting to take over my body now, becoming increasingly louder. The shadow is right next to my bed now. Its hand is reaching out to grab hold of me. No! I won't let it! "Get away from me!" I yell as I jump over to the other side of my bed. Another shadow is entering now, only it's carrying a light. "NO! Leave me alone!" I cry.

"Brianna, it's us! It's okay, sweetie!"

"No! Go away! I'm scared!"

"Light the candle! You're scaring her for goodness sake!"

"Oh, of course! I'm sorry!" I just want the monsters to go away! Within a second of one of the monsters speaking, my whole room is lit up. I look over to the monster beside my bed, not being able to see clearly because of my cloudy vision. It's now sitting on the edge of my bed though. That much I can see.