~ Chapter 22: Missing and Killing ~

I feel all the blood in my body boil as I read her words. She has my babies! I'm ready to kill someone in a very gruesome way. My motherly instincts kick in automatically as I angrily get out of the uncomfortable hospital bed. I throw on my morning gown and am about to leave the room when two arms grab me around my waist and pull me back into the room. One of the arms reaches out and closes the door before they spin me around so that I'm pressed against its chest.

"I know you're worried and upset, so am I, Ash, but you must lie down and rest," my husband tells me as he cuddles me into him. I can't help but let the tears fall in defeat as I cry into his chest.

"What if she kills them, Peter?" I retort loudly.

"Don't worry. I'm going to find them and Starstone is going to die," he promises me in a calm, but at the same time, harsh voice. I smile weakly against him.

"Really?" I ask him through sobs.

"Really. She's done too much to you for me to be able to let her get away with any of it. The next time I see her, I will kill her, with no hesitation," he tells me before he gives the top of my head a kiss. I sniffle before wiping away the tears with the back of my left hand. I move away from him slowly as I hear someone enter the room. I turn around only to see Oreius standing at the doorway.

"King Peter, we have gathered the knights for when you're ready to go out and begin the search for your children," I hear his deep voice say. Peter walks over to him quickly.

"Fantastic. Thank you, Oreius. We will go out at once! Ensure that they've all got their swords and shields. I will be down periodically." Oreius nods once at him before bowing to me and quickly running out of the room.

"Peter, should I bring my sword and shield too? I suppose I'll also need to quickly run and grab my armour –" he cuts me off commandingly with a strong voice; his gentle, comforting side gone in a flash.

"Ashley, you are not to come. Understand? No way, under any circumstance, am I going to risk putting your life in danger again. You will stay here in the hospital under the watchful eye of Malina and don't you dare try following us or there will be consequences." I gape at him openly. Is he being serious?

"What?! You don't honestly expect me to sit back and watch you put your life in danger, do you? I am going whether you like it or not!" I shout at him. I'm past being nice now. This is my family we're talking about. There's no way I'm going to sit back and wait for them to return not knowing what's happening to them or where they are.

"Ashley! I command you as the High King of Narnia to stay here!" I look at him, dead in the eye. He's being serious; dead serious. Never in my time with Peter has he ever commanded me as High King to do anything. I feel angry tears roll down my cheeks before splashing like rain drops onto the granite floor.

"Or what? You'll lock me in the stocks for a night? Put me in a catapult and throw me over to the other side of the world?" I push on furiously. He looks down at me angrily. I'm pushing his buttons purposely. I want to win this battle. I'm not going to give in easily.

"Or I'll lock you in the dungeon for a night. Perhaps a good dose of fear will put you in your place," he threatens; his voice even and harsh. I gape at him, absolutely shocked into place. He has never looked at me as someone lower than himself; he's always treated me like his equal, his missing half. It's out of character for him to talk about putting me into my place when we're talking about our family. I feel tears roll down my cheeks without my permission as I give up. I sit down on the chair that's next to me before putting my face in my hands and crying. Perhaps the pregnancy mood swings haven't worn off yet after all. I feel myself being lifted up in the same second before I'm placed onto the uncomfortable bed again. "I'm sorry, Ash. I can't risk you being hurt again though," Peter apologises in his gentle calming voice again.