Tests

Your P.O.V.

We had just got off the ship and were looking at a map. Gon had come running up and, very out of breath, spoke, "The captain said to head for that tree on the top of the mountain. He said it was a shortcut. "Fine by me." you said. "You shouldn't believe everything the captain says Gon. The tree is in the opposite direction of Zaban City." Leorio said. So Kurapika, Gon, and me all went towards the tree, while Leorio went to get on a bus. Not even a mile down the path I hear Leorio shouting from a distance, "Wait, I'm coming with you!" " I thought you were taking a bus." you questioned. "Well, um, I just thought that maybe I should come with you for company." he said looking flustered.

We came into what looked like an abandoned town, but some people with masks and an old lady come out. It startled me a bit and I fell backwards. I was preparing to fall, but I didn't. I looked up and Kurapika had caught me. I blushed, got up, and said, "Thanks." "You're welcome Y/N." he said with a smile that made my heart speed up. Leorio then said "Come on lovebirds, we don't have all day." For that comment, I elbowed him in the stomach.

The lady gave us a quiz and then a random guy had popped out and answered the question and the lady let him pass. We got our question. "If you could only save one, your son or your daughter, which would you choose?" Leorio just walked over with a piece of wood in his hand and didn't say anything. He ran out of time to answer and he charged the old lady. I looked away not wanting to see what happened but I heard wood clashing together. I turned and looked, Kurapika was under Leorio defending the lady. Kurapika said, "Idiot, you got the answer right." "Do what?" Leorio responded. "There is no right answer, silence is the answer." Kurapika said to him. "Sorry." Leorio apologized to the old lady. There was literally steam coming out of Gon's ears. "Gon, are you okay?" You asked him. "Hmm, oh yeah I'm fine I just can't seem to think of an answer." he said. You laughed at what he said. "We already have the right answer, Gon. " You said to him laughing but not too much, plus my bandana muffled the noise a bit so I doubt he could barely heard it. "Oh." he said, still looking confused. The old lady said to continue through this pathway for two hours and you should reach a cabin with a couple in it who will take you to the exam site. We were headed on or way to the cabin. Leorio complained the whole time saying things like "Two hours was two hours ago."

When we got there, a kikiro had a girl and the man accompanying her was on the ground injured. Gon and Kurapika went out to chase the kikiro, while me and Leorio stayed behind to tend to the man's injuries. "I have some herbs and medicines that might help." "Do you have anything that can stop bleeding faster or at least slow it?" Leorio asked. "Yeah, I have a leaf that is supposed to stop it temporarily. Long enough to bandage it." You said pulling out the leaf. You put in on the wound but it didn't stop the bleeding. "What? It slows bleeding on human flesh." you stated, then realizing this wasn't human flesh. You pulled out your concealed katana and held it up to the mans neck and questioned him. "Who are you? Are you another kikiro?" He laughed and said, "Good job finding my identity." He has changed into kikiro form then.

TIMESKIP

All four of us were standing outside the cabin and apparently this was a test for the Hunter exam. We all passed too. Which was great. The kikiros then took all of us to the Exam site. We went into a restaurant and the man said some kind of password to get us in and we stepped inside a room, which apparently was an elevator. Once the elevator reached the destination, we all stepped out into what looked to be a tunnel thing. We had finally made it to the Exam site. A guy dressed in blue came over to us and said "Hi, I'm Tonpa and this is my 35th time being here. So I'm kind of like a master at this by now." Then you said unimpressed by what he said. "Doesn't that just mean that you fail every year?" I could see his eye twitch at my comment, but he simply said "Yeah but I know what usually happens." I simply responded with, "Oh ok then," still looking at him as if he was stupid. He handed us some drinks and he said it was to represent our new friendship, but the last thing I wanted was to be his friend. As soon as I opened it I could smell the poison. I handed it back to him and said, "No thanks. I'm really not a big fan of poison." Gon had started to drink it and him and Leorio spit it out and Kurapika poured it out. "I think this is expired Tonpa, it tastes funny." Gon told the fat man. "Oh, sorry, I didn't realize." he said, clearly lying. "Next time you want to poison someone make sure it has no smell and apparently taste." I retaliated, loud enough for the other people to hear, but honestly I didn't care.

The first phase was about to begin and I was excited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- This one was shorter than the last but I wanted to save the first phase for the next chapter. So thank you.