Chapter 2: Southern Comfort Zone

Luke's P.O.V.

This cab in taking forever to get to this place and James has fallen asleep. I'm glad one of us is relaxed. The view is amazing where we are. I hope the cabin we are staying at has a view this spectacular. Imagine designing a house to sit on one of these hills.

"Hey man, sorry I fell asleep."

"No big deal, I was admiring the view."

He laughs, "Yeah I know gorgeous, right? I've always wanted a house out here. The country is so peaceful."

James glances at his watch. "We should be there anytime. Abbey probably needs to head somewhere by the time we get there."

I raise an eyebrow confused.

"She has this thing she has to check on, and she usually does it on Friday's when she's here." I nod. The cab stops in front of a rustic cabin. It's like it belongs in the woods. I wonder who designed it. We head up the stairs to the porch and James knocks on the door. There's no answer. He knocks again. We hear a thud and Hold on, I'm coming! He chuckles.

The door swings open to reveal a very beautiful woman. She's remarkably short, with black hair, green eyes, and skin that could be the color of porcelain. Wow.

"Well hello gorgeous!" I look to James who just said that. She, who I'm assuming is Abbey, sticks out her tongue

"Hello hot stuff." James laughs and picks her up in a hug.

He lets her go and looks at me

"We've had these nicknames for each other since we were teenagers."

Abbey steps forward and extends her hand "Hi, I'm Abbey. It's nice to meet you."

Abbey's P.O.V

Dear God what is that dreadfully loud noise. It keeps getting louder. I jolt up and fall off the couch. Dammit that hurt. "Hold on I'm coming." My hip smarts; I'm gonna have a bruise. I yank the door open to a smiling James

"Hello gorgeous!"

I stick my tongue out, "Hello Hot Stuff!"

He throws his head back laughing and picks me up in a hug. I've missed him so much. He lets me go and explains the nickname thing to a man who happens to look a human Adonis.

Dear God of all that's Holy. He's tall with unruly brown hair and dark blue eyes. I walk forward and hold out my hand to him "Hi I'm Abbey. It's nice to meet you."

He smiles, sweet baby Jesus, and grabs my hand. Shit it's like an electric current went through my hand. I gasp. He inhales, "I'm Luke. It's a pleasure to meet you."

He lets go of my hand and the warmth is gone. I take a step back to stand by my very oblivious cousin. "Let's get y'all's stuff inside."

I drop James off at his normal room and take Luke to the room beside mine that leads to an office that is shared with my room. "This room is smaller than most one's here, but it connects to the office. The other door is not a closet it leads to my room so please don't go in hoping to find printer paper or Narnia because you'll find a very angry me."

He laughs, "I'll bear that in mind. "

I turn to leave as I make my way to the door he grabs my arm, "Abbey, thank you for letting me stay here and use the office."

I inhale and I know my eyes are wide and my face is flushing, "No problem. If you need anything I'll be in my room." His other hand moves to brush a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

He smiles, "Breathe Abbey before you pass out on me." He lets me go and I exhale the breath I didn't know I was holding and leave the room.

I get to my room and fall down on my bed slowing my breathing down. My phone goes off. I go over to my dresser and open it up. I smile it's from Leigh. Hey girl, I heard you were in town. You wanna hang out? Hmm usually hanging out with Leigh gets me in trouble. Let's do it. I text her back: Absolutely, call me later tonight and we can plan it out.

I get up and leave my room and put my shoes on. James comes out shirtless and showered. I smirk, "Look at you, you attractive manly man."

He growls, "Shut up Abbey."

I laugh and grab my keys. "I'll be back later. I'll pick up dinner, text me what you two want later."

He nods, "You gonna go see the Carter's?"

"Yeah I need to see how they're doing and if they need anything." He takes a bite of an apple and waves. I head out the front door and get into my car. Luke is looking out the window upstairs and I wave. I make my way to the Carter's house and switching to my truck on my way there.