Six

-Sana-

I screamed and screamed and screamed. Tzuyu was supposed to be dead. Yet, here she is, standing right in front of me.

Well, she was in front of me. As soon as the door opened, she just...evaporated. Like she was never there.

"What? What is it, Sana?!" Nayeon questioned. The rest of the members were behind her, looking curiously over her shoulder.

What should I do? What should I say? I can't tell them what happened. They'll thinking crazy. Am I?

"I saw...I saw a, uh, bug," I lied. I hated lying to anybody.

They sighed. A few walked away, leaving Nayeon, Jihyo, Momo, and Jungyeon at the door. Jungyeon and Momo came in.

"Where is it?" Jungyeon asked.

I shrugged. "I dunno. I probably scared it. Sorry for screaming."

Nayeon rubbed her forehead. "It's okay, Sana. You need some sleep. We all do. Who's showering first?"

"I'll go," Momo volunteered.

Once they left, I looked over at the bowl that contained the rest of Tzuyu. Did I just imagine Tzuyu being there? Or am I really going crazy?

"I need some sleep," I muttered to myself before slipping under the covers.

·¤·

"Sana! Wake up!"

I waved my hand. "Five more minutes," I mumbled, turning away.

"No, get up now! Jihyo's called a mandatory meeting, and everybody's waiting for you!"

My eyes opened to meet Nayeon's, and I groaned. "Can you just tell me what happened? I'm really tired, Nayeon unnie."

"We all are, but you have to come on."

"Fine fine fine."

I got up and followed Nayeon into the living room, where Jihyo stood in front of the members. We sat down next to Momo and Jihyo began to talk.

"I called everybody here to make an important announcement. Due to the recent events that's happened, I realized I'm a terrible leader. I couldn't protect my family, which hurts me so much. I wish I can go back and fix everything, but I can't. And I'm sorry."

There was a short pause, and I expected Jihyo to say that she'll do better and work harder. But the next thing she said shocked every single one of us.

"I'm not going to be the leader anymore."

Everybody's eyes widened. Dahyun, who was drinking tea, dropped her jaw, spilling the hot drink on herself. Momo dropped the sandwich she was eating, staring at Jihyo.

"If I can't protect the youngest member, who can I protect? I'm resigning, and passing the role down to Jungyeon. If she accepts."

The second oldest member gave Jihyo a weird look. "Don't do this, Jihyo."

"I have to. I need to. I can't disappoint this group any longer."

"You're not quitting are you?" Dahyun asked.

"I'm still debating about that one."

"JYP is not going to like this," Nayeon said. "You've been training for this for half your life. Now you're just going to throw it away? Just like that?"

"Well, it's hard since people hate me and blame me for Tzuyu's death!"

"Nobody hates you, Jihyo!"

"Look at our social media! It's been blowing up with hate for me! I can't seem to do anything right!"

Nayeon stood in front of Jihyo. "Don't listen to them! Isn't that what you told us? To 'ignore the haters'?"

"This time, they're right for a change. I should leave. And never come back."

Jihyo stormed off away from the room. We heard the room door slam shut and the door being locked.

See, Tzuyu? You were the glue that held us together. Now we're falling apart as a group and family...

Nayeon plopped down in her spot, and Jungyeon came around to comfort her. Dahyun got up to clean herself, and Momo went to throw her sandwich away. Chaeyoung started to cry, being comforted by Mina. And I sat there, feeling lost and hopeless.

I want Tzuyu to come back. I want her to fix everything. Why did you have to leave, Tzuyu?

"We can't have Jihyo leave too," I heard Nayeon say.

"She's not going to. Just let her calm down," Jungyeon assured.

I got up and walked away. I walked out of our home down to the practice room. I had to get away from everything, even Tzuyu for a moment. And I spent a while there, crying my eyes out.

Until I remembered what happened yesterday. The officers blocking off the maknaes' room. What did they mean by they can't be too sure? I also questioned the part of Tzuyu being suffocated, but didn't think much of it. Could there be another reason for Tzuyu's death?

Standing up, I made up my mind that I was going to the police station. And I marched down there, determined to find answers.

When I got there, it was a bit hectic. Assistants we're carrying piles of papers and dropping them, officers were either on phones or in a heated discussion, and I think there was a dog running around here.

"Excuse me!" I pulled on an officer's arm.

He turned and looked down at me. "Sorry, but do you happen to have any information on the Chou Tzuyu case?"

"And you are...?"

"Minatozaki Sana. From TWICE."

His eyes widened and he gave me a bow. "My apologies, Miss Minatozaki! I'm sorry, but I do not. Officer Park does, and he's over there."

He pointed to a guy about his height, talking on the phone. He had his hand on his forehead, and he looked very frustrated.

"Thank you!"

I hurried over to Officer Park and quietly waited for him to get off the phone. He glanced up at me, giving me a nod. I was happy to hear that he was wrapping up his conversation on the phone to get to me. He hung up the phone and smiled at me.

"Ah, Miss Minatozaki! What brings you here today?" He asked.

"I'm here for information on the Chou Tzuyu case. Please tell me you have something?"

He sighed and ran a hand through his short hair. "I do, but it won't be good. We have her autopsy report, and...she isn't suffocate herself unless she was possessed."

He pulled out a folder from the filing cabinet behind him and say it in front of us. Chou Tzuyu was written in elegant script on the tab and a picture of her was taped to the front.

"Are you ready for the information you're about to receive?"

I took a deep breath to prevent the tears from coming. Tzuyu didn't suffocate...somebody killed her...

"Yes. I'm ready."