Chapter 8

Hanna's POV
It's been two days since the bleach attack on Kelsey.
Ali has refused to see Kelsey, insisting it's all her fault for letting this happen to her little sister.
Cece skipped town, but the police are looking for her.
Where is Jason and their dad? No one knows. It's like they have vanished.
So, it was up to myself, Aria, Spencer, Emily, Toby and Caleb to stay at the hospital with Kelsey, while our parents did everything they could to help. Ezra was released, he does visit Kelsey. He says he feels bad for everything that happened to her.
She hasn't woken up yet, the doctors aren't sure if she ever will.

At the moment, it was Caleb and I sitting at her bedside.
I held her hand while Caleb had his arms wrapped around me.
"She's a kid. What kind of sick twisted person could do this." I sighed.
"A person that is going to spend the rest of their life behind bars."
"I don't care what Ali says, she needs to get her ass down here." I sighed. "I'll phone her."
I got up from Kels' bedside and walked out into the hall. I failed Ali's number and she picked up in within the second ring.

"Hey Han." She said causally.
"Don't 'Hey Han', me right now. Alison, I'm at the hospital looking after your sister!" I quietly yelled, emphasising the 'your'.
There was a loud sigh at the other end.
"I can't do this anymore."
"Do what?" I gritted my teeth.
"Dad and Jason have left. Cece is our sister, apparently. I don't want to look after Kelsey."
"Alison. You have too! She's your sister and is really ill at the moment!"
"I know, but I can't do it."
"You can and you will."
"Watch me." The phone cut off and I was left standing in the hall.
I went back into the room.
"What's wrong?" Caleb asked.
"Alison doesn't want anything to do with Kelsey."
His eyes grew wide. "But she's a kid! She's 15."
"I know. What the hell is happening?" I asked.
I was so confused. Did Alison really just leave Kelsey by herself?
-
Alison's POV
I felt bad once I had hung up. But I can't look after Kelsey! I can barely cook toast without burning it!

It must have been five minutes after, there was a pounding on the front door.
"Alison, open the fucking door!" It was Aria. Small but filled with anger.
I took a deep breath before opening.

"What the hell are you doing?!" She screamed. Spencer and Emily were with her. They put there hands on her shoulders but she pulled away.
"Kelsey is your sister!" Spencer spat.
"This is a whole new low. Even for you." Emily sighed.
"I can't do it. Everything is happening so fast. Too fast."
"You need to man up, and look after her! She's got no one else, and you have no one!"

Aria's words hit me like a brick. We only have each other, but I can't do this anymore.
____________
Will Ali keep Kelsey?
~ Charlotte xoxo