1 Kageyama, Alpha or Beta?

Kageyama pov;

"Hmm...it seems Tobio that you have the body and abilities of an Alpha but the personality of a Beta. You are quite the subject."

I nodded in response, honestly not caring to much. It had been this way since Sugawara went into heat. A while ago, during an intense practice, Sugawara just fell to the floor. His short breaths, heated face, and shivers the only signs of him being in heat and not actually being injured. This was before Sugawara-san and Daichi bonded. It was extremely difficult for the Alphas of our court, at the time, to handle the situation. Even Tsukishima was having difficulty. The Betas of our court were struggling but doing alright. Betas had much better control around Omegas in heat then Alphas. Eventually, it came down to Hinata having to stay behind and help Sugawara to get his pills that helped Omegas suppress their heats.

The problem with being Alphas, Omegas, and Betas like this on a sports team at our age was all the physical contact we went through daily. Sports were never easy for our age groups (especially if we weren't already bonded). The simple fact being that heats were twice as more likely to happen unexpectedly in this kind of contact then on a normal day at school. Teenagers were known to be extremely off their heat courses at our age anyway. That's why our age group always had to be extra careful.

Heats happened to Omegas every three months, unless they were bonded and their heats no longer affected anyone else but their mate. The heat could affect any Beta or Alpha, as long as they weren't already bonded. So the problem with me was I was barely ever affected at all. I started to notice when Sugawara went into heat. Everyone, when Sugawara-San fell and began to pant, slowly had to back away and hold their noses. I didn't notice it almost at all. I could tell he was in heat, yet being an Alpha I was still surprisingly calm around him. Sure, the typical need of Omega and Alpha was there but I was handling it like a Beta. Which is why everyone was so worried about me.

Usually, Omegas were mostly female and Alphas/Betas were mostly male. But you do, more typically now then ever before, cross the path of a male Omega. Nobody honestly cares if you end up with a female Omega or male Omega as long as your happy. In our society, it didn't matter, although it was strange to meet a male Omega. Yet, that being said, there were three male Omegas on our team. It was a odd number of male Omegas, considering they were and are usually very rare.

Nishinoya, Hinata, and Sugawara were our Omegas. Surprisingly, Sugawara and Nishinoya were already bonded, leaving poor little Hinata. He hasn't even had his first heat yet. Everyone's kinda worried about him but he never lets his rank get him down. He's stubborn.

"Now, Kageyama, just because you're acting like a Beta doesn't mean that you still won't lose you're 'Alpha cool'. So, I'm giving you these suppressant pills just in case. If you ever come across an Omega that makes you have difficulties controlling yourself just pop one of these and you'll be...better in about 5 minutes or more. Alright? If anything else weird happens or you bond tell me, alright? Goodbye, Kageyama."

I nodded again and made my way to the door and down the corridor, heading to the gym. I'd already missed about 10 minutes of afternoon practice and wasn't in any mood to miss any more of it.

Beginning to run I let my thoughts drift as I popped a pill. Just in case.