de-2-briefed

A/n: long ass chapter mother f***kers 😘
----------

Back at the office, it seemed duller than before. So, Jillian threw herself into her work to pass the time and before she knew it, it was already time to meet up with the girls at Greens. Stacy had the responsibility to unsuspectingly bring Katrina, while everyone else met up there to surprise her.

So, Jillian closed down her work quickly and grabbed her stuff to leave. But upon doing so, she found an unfamiliar item among her stuff. It was some notes of sorts, but none that belonged to her. As she stepped out of her office, she was about to ask Charlie who was also getting ready to leave for the day, when it dawned on her that they were probably the man's notes from earlier today. He must of dropped them when his firm body collided with hers. Jillian began to wondered if the rest of him was as firm or as hard as his chest was; what it would be like to touch or tast—

She shook her head at her wanton and completely unexpected thoughts, stuffed the notes in her purse, and then proceeded to refocus on her friend's party tonight as she made her way down to lobby to hail a cab.

------

Jillian quickly paid the cabbie and ushered her way into one of the most famous bars in the city, Greens. It had always fitted more towards the older crowds, the ones who liked to chat, rekindle, drink, live and bring out the nice scotch while doing it. It was the classy way to celebrate a friend turning 30. The place was traditional, timeless, and had live jazz music playing regularly.

She took a moment to take in her surroundings and the infamous green glow that garnered the name. It had been a while since she'd visited, due to work no doubt. But of the few times, some of her favorite hours always seemed to happen here.

Refocusing, she quickly zoned in on Yalini, one of her close friend from college that now worked almost as much as herself, but as a environmental lawyer. Amongst her group of friends, they had all types: the married ones, the long-term relationship ones, the already popping out the second kid ones, and then the too invested in their career to worry about life ones, which mostly consisted of herself. And as you can imagine, of all different professions; but of her friends, Jillian was by far the most successful—financially. Because then again, success is only a matter of how you look at it.

Jillian understood that and so did her friends. There was really never any jealousy or competition. And Jillian was happy with her life, well for the main part. What did she really have to complain about?

She luckily caught Yalini's attention from the across the bar and gave her a small wave to signify that she was there.
Once she made her way over to their distinguished table, she noticed most everyone was already there with a drink in their hand, simply waiting for birthday girl.
Jillian met Yalini first with a smile.
"Hey. I'm not late am I? Katrina's not here yet?" Yalini shook her head laughing.
"No. You're just on time. We just had to give some of the other girls a head start." She directed her head over to them. "You know, you say meet at 7. Trisha starts thinking about what to wear at 7."
"I understand too well." She chuckled thinking back to her unconscientious college days.

Trisha suddenly joined them.
"Jillian, you're here! It feels like forever. Did you just come from your big exec. job?" She giggled. She was already on her way.

Jillian just chuckled at her friend who honestly hadn't changed much since college.

"Yes, I just got here."