Chapter 1

Bucky pulled his hood further down to shade his face and hurried along the crowded street. 

He weaved his way through a group of giggling teenagers and ducked into an alley way. A group of smokers eyed him curiously. 

Shifting his sleeve up, the smokers caught a glimpse of metal and looked away. He smirked and tugged his sleeve down. 

Slipping down the alley way and emerging behind a small convince store on a run down street, he un-zipped his backpack, scribbled the memory that had struck him, not moments ago, and quickly zipped it back up. 

He heard a clatter behind him and whirled around. A tall man with a cap pulled low down his face was staring at him with his mouth agape.

"Bucky?" The man whispered

He knew that voice.

"Steve?" He croaked out, voice hoarse from lack of use. 

Steve winced at the sound of his croaky voice. Bucky took a shaky step towards him. 

He was covered in bruises and cuts, dried blood and dirt on his clothes and his backpack was falling to pieces.

"Yeah Buck, it's me."

He smiled slightly and Steve's heart broke even more.

"Come on bud. Let take you home." Steve muttered reaching out a hand. Bucky backed away rapidly and let out a low growl.

"No, no Bucky! I won't hurt you! I'll never hurt you."

Slowly Bucky reached out his metal arm and took Steve hand, metal fingers intwining with flesh, and walked toward Steve's house. 

When they got to Steve's, he opened the door and went straight to the fridge, and got a pizza leftover form last night and a glass of water. 

He sat down onto the sofa and motioned for Bucky to sit down beside him. Bucky walked over and slowly sat down as Steve handed him the food and drink.

"You're going to eat, have a shower and then go to sleep, ok?" Steve asked, in that tone of voice that suggested he wasn't really asking. Bucky cocked his head.

"I don't know how to use a modern shower." He replied

"I'll teach you how to use it." Steve assured him. Bucky gave a small smile and wolfed down his pizza. 

Steve then showed him how to use the shower, and slipped when adjusting the temperature, causing Bucky to laugh and mutter "punk" affectionately. 

Once Bucky had had his shower and dried off, Steve showed him to his room.

"Stevie?"

"Yeah Buck?"

"Can c-can I sleep with you t-tonight?" Bucky asked looking down and burying his nails into the palm of his flesh hand.

"Like we did in Brooklyn?" Steve asked cocking his head.

"Yeah."

"You remember?!" Steve cried out, causing Bucky to wince at the volume.

" I remember almost everything."

"That's great Bucky!"

"Bittersweet." Bucky muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Oh well, of course you can sleep in my bed tonight."

"T-thanks Stevie."

"Anything for you Buck."

"Steve"

"Yes buck."

"Promise you won't leave."

"I promise Buck."

Bucky slipped onto the bed and shifted around to get comfortable. Once he was 

Steve slipped in behind him and wrapped his arms around him.

How the roles have changed. I'm the protector now. Steve thought as he drifted into a sleep that was so deep not even Bucky's nightmares woke him.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Sooooooooo, this is my Stucky story! Hope you enjoy!  I'll be updating weekly, unless something comes up, and I'll try to let you know if it does! Comment what you think. Goodbye silver nuggets!