Chapter 19

Bucky woke up in the bed he and Steve shared, his inner forearms hurting something awful.

He opened his mouth to say something, but only a small strained whisper came out. But that was somehow enough for Steve.

He came running in with a glass of water, a couple pain killers, a smoothie and a set of bandages. Bucky sat up and took the pills, and gulped down the water.

"Hey." Bucky weakly smiled and Steve looked down at the pale figure.

"Drink this." Steve handed the smoothie to Bucky, who looked at it spucipiosly.

"What is it?" Bucky sniffed the drink.

"A smoothie." Steve stated. Bucky pouted.

"Whats in it?" Bucky asked.

"Its got a bunch of fruits and shit that will help replenish all the blood you lost. Drink it." Steve spoke in a harsher tone than usual. Bucky looked down sharply and drank the smoothie.

"I'm going to change your bandages now, okay?" Steve's voice softened, as if he realized that he'd spoken harshly. Bucky nodded and held his wrists out, looking down shame faced.

"Hey,hey, hey look at me baby." Steve muttered, placing two fingers under Buckys chin and lifting it so their eyes met .

"I'm sorry Stevie. I know your ashamed to be seen with me. And now I've got these horrible scars that show how weak I am. That show my mistakes. Why didn't you just let me die? It would've been better for everyone."

"No. No you don't get to say that. Bucky did you not hear a word I said when I found you? I love you. I've watched you die once. I'm not doing it again." Steve looked bucky dead in the eye.

"I. Love. You" Steve puncatated each word with a reckon the nose and a light blush coloured Bucky's cheekbones.

"Why?" Bucky asked.

"Why what?" Steve cocked his head, confused.

"Why do you still love me? After all I've done? I've killed people. I've tortured people. Tried to kill myself. Wake you up every night at the same damn time because of nightmares. Have this terrible metal arm. I'm so screwed up Stevie. Why do you love me?" Bucky's voice  cracked and he looked away from Steve's bright blue eyes, his own stormy ones filling wth tears.

"Why do I love you Bucky? Because..... because no matter what HYDRA did to you, and made you do, I don't care.

No, you are not the same person from the 40's. But my god Bucky, that is not a bad thing.

You still have the sass, sarcasm, caring, loving, and funny personality that I fell in love with.

You make me better person, keep me check and yet help me push my limits. You love me despite my flaws, and dear god I love you despite your's.

You are not a screwup. You are the love of my life. Forever.

To the end of the line. And beyond. Do you remember what I said? When I found you in that tree nook?"

Bucky nodded, a small smile on his face.

"I love you for all those reasons and more."

Steve concluded.

"Thanks Steve." Bucky was blushing, smiling, and generally being an awkward little bean.

"Anything for my baby." Steve pressed another kiss to Bucky's nose and ruffled his hair.

"Wanna watch a supernatural episode? I hear theres a lot of Destiel in the latest episode." Steve nuzzled his nose into Bucky's neck

"Yeah." Bucky mewed and curled up into Steve.

<><><><><><><><>><><

I love the photo so much, it brings me so much joy. This story, as previously said, is winding to a close. I'll be doing a sequel! Yay? Comment your thoughts! Goodbye silver nuggets.