prologue

Every time a human was born, an angel was assigned to watch over them. They would follow their human and would help them every step of their lives. Angels will wait decades to be paired with a human, it's seen as a high marking that shows you are worthy in heaven. Those who are never paired are shamed. Once you are assigned a person to protect, you must follow two rules.

Never be seen, and never fall in love.
-
Phillip was a beautiful angel. Looking in his late twenties with striking black hair, ice blue eyes, and pure white wings on his back, he was well like around for his stunning looks. However, the fact he still hadn't been paired was an instant mind changer. Phil didn't mind the lack of friends, as well as the lack of watchmen ship over a human though, he found the quiet peaceful and often found himself enjoying being alone.

Those times where he was alone, he'd sit on the farthest edge of heaven, away from all the white washed wings and judging grey eyes of his fellow angels. When he was away from all of these things, he'd find himself staring into the seemingly endless blue skyline, not knowing what he was thinking of, just knowing he was thinking.

One day, however, as Phillip was sat at the end of paradise, he found himself wondering of those who wandered down on the earth below, those sinful and broken creatures they were meant to watch over and guide. He sat with his wings laying on his back and his eyes on the sky thinking of how they were made to be like him, flawless, beautiful, and winged. There was an old fable that was told, trying to explain how the belittled humans lost their wings.

Phillip smiled, remembering his caretaker, the angel who taught Phillip everything he knew and made him who he was. She would always lure him to sleep, speaking of the story with such sympathy in her voice, almost as if she saw the happenings herself. She'd start the tale off as any story starts, with a 'Once upon a time' and a small smile. Talking of how there were once beings just like us that roamed the earth below, but one day an angel from the above tumbled down from the sky, falling helplessly to its death, but its death was not the impact, no, it was the fall. Once the fallen angel hit the ground, it wings that were once spotless and soft withered away and blew away in the wind, leaving behind a shell of rage and hurt. As the fallen being looked around it was filled with envy, seeing what used to be his brothers bursting with happiness, taunting him with their wings. The anger and envy soon vanished from his body when he realized the shame he would face, having lost the only thing to take pride in. fear consumed his being and he rushed off to hide in the shadows, becoming one with the darkness of his fear. Feeling lonely, he began to lure others in the darkness with him, only they didn't lose their wings, they just became pitch black, their purity being overcome. This didn't please the fallen one and so he ventured out disguised in light. He'd go out to those who were happy and toyed with them, dangling lies and deceit in their faces saying that the only way to be truly happy and truly perfect, was to be whole. They would ask, "How? How do we become whole?" and with a sly grin he would reply by gripping their hand and taking them into the darkness. Following blindly behind, when they disappeared into the void of light, screams would replace them. My caretaker spoke of how no one wished to be left there at night, when the darkness took over, for all they heard were screams of pain. Soon, all of those who were left on the below were dragged into the darkness. Chaos erupted from above as everyone peeked over, watching for any signs of their brothers. Then a figure cloaked in darkness tumbled out. She said everyone cheered and signed in relief, but then they saw it. The bloodied backs of each body that passed through into the light. The lack of wings.

"Shame, that was all that was felt that day. No one could see past what they once were, what pain they went through, so they left. They didn't care and left their brothers in pain as they died." Her eyes dull and her face solemn, she would finish off the story.

Each time, without a fail, she'd look me in the eyes, and speak with such hope saying how I could fix that mistake, the mistake of betrayal.
-

ok yea I know I really shouldn't start yet another story but idek. so this story is one where Phil is an angel and Dan is in the human world. sorry for any mistakes I will edit it once I finish the story.

updates will be every Tuesday (pig-in-a-poke Tuesdays)

should I do a question??

-danny