Chapter 28

The bright morning sun awoke the duo at around the same time.

"Danny, what time is it?" Phil groaned as he sat up, wiping the 'morning' from his eyes.

"11:17" Dan mumbled, rolling over on his side.

"Get up sleeping beauty, you're gonna waste the day away" Phil teased

Dan sat up slowly, but immediately just flopped right back down into Phil's arms.

Phil shook Dan's lifeless body, "awaken!" Phil casted at Dan.

"I am awake, but I love snuggling with you"

"You're going to fall back asleep," Phil whined.

Dan rolled his eyes and eventually sat up totally.

*****

After a breakfast of 2 bowls of cereal each, they had no idea what to do with themselves.

"I think, if it's alright with you, we should talk more about last night" Dan suggested, as he was still extremely worried about Phil.

"Dan I don't have much more to ask-"

"Then let me ask. Phil you've gotten me all worried about you."

"Why? Dan I'm fine"

"That's what they all say! Plus I saw something last night."

"What did you see?"

"You moved your jumper sleeve up too far if you were trying to hide the others from me"

"Dan I don't have anymore"

"Don't make this harder on us. I'm telling you right now, I saw red scabs on the top of your wrist. Am I right or wrong?"

"Dan y-you c-can't, ugh, you're right"

"Phil what happened? Everyone at school loves you?"

"They didn't use to love me"

"What do you mean?"

"I got bullied until this year. Everyone was rude to my sister, then one day I stood up for her and they started targeting me. Seeing me in pain, is what hurt her and pushed my sister over the edge. Everyone in that school thought I was the weirdest little twat and I couldn't help it Dan. I tried not to be different but I couldn't change it!"

Dan grabbed Phil's arms, looked him dead in the eyes and whispered, "then why do you still do it?"

"Because, I believe them. Why would they say those things unless they were true. That's why I'm never mean to anyone. It's hard to be told shit like that. It breaks you inside" Phil cried.

Dan nodded. Phil knew instantly that Dan understood. Dan was in the similar situation that Phil had been.

"Oh, that's how you feel now, Dan?"

"Yes, it's a horrid feeling. But you, we can overcome it. Together"

"Do you mean that Dan?"

"Of course I mean that" Dan said with loving eyes.

"Thank you"

"You don't need to thank me Phil. You've done enough in your life, you deserve the thanking"