Epilogue

20 years later

Dan sat down on his queen bed scrolling through his phone.

"Dan, would you please come here"
Phil yelled from their living room.

Dan and Phil moved in together in a flat after Highschool.

Dan found himself a genuinely happier person. And Phil found himself out of depression and clean for 6 years.

Dan stepped into the living room and sat down on the couch next to his boyfriend.

"I need to ask you something Dan"

Dan tore his gaze from his phone directly to Phil's eyes when those words escaped his mouth.

"What do you need?" Dan asked with worried eyes.

"Since the day I met you, I knew you had to be mine. Your smile, your voice, everything about you. No one else got to know you like I knew you. But I know you. We've been dating since 10th grade,  now Dan" Phil cut himself off.

His body was shaking, heart pounding, mind racing. The nerves were engulfing him in anxiety.

Phil pulled out a small, black, velvet box.

He kneeled down to the floor and slowly opened the box.

He revealed a ring, more masculine than a women's ring, but it was still diamond studded and stunning.

Dan felt tears welling in his eyes, happy ones luckily.

"Daniel James Howell, will you make me the happiest person alive and be my husband, we can be together forever. You said I've changed your life, please change mine? Let my name be the one that changes yours? What do you say?"

"Phillip, I-I. Yes! Yes! I ant say it enough, yes!"

"I love you Daniel"

"I love you too, Phillip"

The end