Chapter Sixteen: A Day Off

I felt a slight pressure on my jaw along with something laid across my stomach. “Sophia.” It was Ethan whispering my name, trying to wake me up, but I didn’t fell top of the weather. Actually, I felt like I was his by a ton of bricks a thousand times. My head was being assaulted by a headache while my eyes watered like crazy. I knew it was either one of two things: my allergies, or I was sick. I was hoping it was my allergies because then, all I had to do was take a Zyrtec and head off to school. “We’re late Sophia.”

Sitting straight up, I screamed, “What?!” Turning to the clock that sat on a shelf at the foot of Ethan’s bed, I read the four digit number: 10:45. We were more than two hours late! “Why didn’t you wake me up?!”

Ethan, who had his arms around my waist, laughed against my jaw line. “You say this as if you don’t wake me up in the morning. So, technically, It’s your fault. But, who cares, it gives us more time to ourselves.” Being the sexual guy that he was, he pushed me back onto the bed and had his hands on either side of my head. He looked me square in the eyes and smiled. “You’re very beautiful when you wake up. The bed-head makes you look-” he looked up, thinking of a word that would explain what he though perfectly. “-sexy.” He smiled at his perfect choice of words. It made me blush and turn my head to the right, that’s for sure. “I like it when you blush.” He came down and trailed kisses up and down my neck.

“We have to go to school,” I desperately tried to get him to stop before I couldn’t hold my sanity any longer. Not only did we have a baby that could easily climb out of his crib in the next room, but Detective Hanson was already in the living room. He could hear our every move even if he didn’t try because he had skills like that. He also had a good memory so if you ever tried to twist your words, you’d never succeed. He knows exactly what you said and when you said it.

“No we don’t,” Ethan mumbled as he moved up to my cheek.

“Detective Hanson is here!”

“And? I’m sure he’s had sex with his wife before.”

“He’s listening,” I hissed, hoping he didn’t hear that part. He probably did because, again, he hears everything. There’s no privacy around him. “I don’t want him to hear us!”

Ethan sighed, “Hanson,” he called. “Put your earphones in!”

“Already on it,” he called back. “And don’t forget to use a condom. Kids like to get crazy these days.” I made a small gasp, partly because of what Detective Hanson said but also because Ethan had already managed to unhook my bra and slipped his hand under, cupping my breasts. He took one of his hands and ran his thumb across my closed lips. When I parted my lips slightly, his tongue slipped in and explored my mouth. My fingers entangled themselves in his silk blond hair while his hand ran down my body and stopped at the tie that secured my shorts around my waist. He took his other and lifted my shirt above my head, pulling my bra off afterwards. Ethan took this time to pull of his shirt before he gripped my shorts and pulled them off. Marking Detective Hanson’s words, he reached into his side drawer and pulled out a condom. “Kids like to get crazy these days,” Ethan chuckled, mocking Detective Hanson.

I shrugged, “I wouldn’t mind having more kids.” He raised an eyebrow at me, a half-smile playing on his lips. “In the future!”

“Damn,” he muttered as his lips came crashing down on mine. Unable to see what he was doing, I knew he was taking off his pants by the way he was moving. And, when he pulled off my underwear and I heard a ripping sound, I was sure he had gotten impatient. In Ethan’s mind, there was no such thing as taking it slow. I could only roll my eyes when he gave me a sheepish grin and used the inside of his elbow to hold up both my legs, spreading them apart. “I love you,” he whispered as I interlocked my fingers behind his neck.