Chapter Seventeen: Fight

It she be ending soon ;( it felt like it was only yesterday that this idea had been born

______________________________________________________________________________

ETHAN’S POV

It was like Avory’s never seen a bike before. When he saw the little contraption I managed to put together, he didn’t know what to do. He stood there for a second, looking at the bike. As if he was waiting for it to turn into something else. Then, after what felt like hours, he wobbled up to it. “It’s a bike,” I smiled, nodding at the boy who looked for his dad for confirmation.

He smiled at me, now understanding what I had just told him, and struggled to get on the bike. Of course I rushed forward to help him on it because if he was going to hurt himself, I didn’t want to catch hell from Sophia. While I was thinking this, it was probably the loudest scream I’ve ever heard. Despite the millions of things it could have been, I rushed into the house looking for Sophia. She could have come across a bug or a spider and flipped out but what if it wasn’t? What if it was something more intense than something I could easily step on? What if it was Brian?

Avory didn’t even bother to follow, he was too preoccupied with a bike. That was good, though, because if he ever came up, I could make it look like he was over at Mike’s or something. “Sophia,” I turned into our room first, looking for her. I checked the bathroom then Avory’s room only to find the window open. Thank god Avory was with me or else he could have been snatched right behind our backs. “Sophia!”

Running from Avory’s room, I stopped. Standing at the other end of the hall was Sophia and Erykah. Erykah had a grip on Sophia’s hair and held her head back, holding a gun to her throat. She used her free hand to cover Sophia’s mouth so she couldn’t scream. I couldn’t move because I knew that Erykah wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger and there was quite the distance to run. There was no way I could get Sophia away from Erykah.

“Why if it isn’t Ethan,” Erykah drawled. Even from way back there, I could see the small tint of pink on her cheeks: she was drunk. “See, I was hoping to catch all three of you here because I definitely want you to see this.” From behind Sophia, she smiled at me and gave a wicked laugh.

“What do you want,” I hissed at her. I already didn’t like her so what she was doing to Sophia only added fuel to the fire. And I didn’t care whether she was a girl or not. In my mind, if you’re willing to get drunk and hold a gun to someone else’s girlfriend, then you’re ready to get whatever came to you. If there was ever a moment she happened to let Sophia go, even for a second, it would have been the biggest mistake of her life. The only thing that filled my head was anger, pure anger, and I couldn’t tell what I was going to do to her if I got my hands on her. “Where’s Brian?”

She laughed, finding my questions so hilarious. “Brian’s not here. He won’t be for a while.” She shook her head and laughed at her own sick humor. “I just came to fix a minor problem. Isn’t that right, Sophia.” She pulled Sophia’s hair tighter, making her whimper. I could tell that she wanted me to rush forward and save her… but I couldn’t. Never in my life have I ever felt so hopeless. When I thought I was doing what was best to keep her safe, I let my guard down and look what happened: she has a gun to her throat. “I love Brian, Ethan, I love him to death. But, he always talks about Sophia and Avory. So much that I couldn’t stand it! I’m fixing the problem, you’ll thank me later.”

Erykah looked as if she was about to pull the trigger, ready to snatch away the one of two lives I cared so deeply for, when the door flew open. The force of the door made both her and Sophia fly forward. This, I knew, was my chance so I ran. I didn’t care if she tried to shoot me or who the person who opened the door was, I just went straight to Sophia and got her away from that drunken bitch! Taking the gun, I took Sophia back to the end of the hall where I told her to go into our room and grab myself to call the cops. “You bitch,” I heard but it wasn’t Erykah… it was Brian. And he wasn’t yelling at Sophia, he was yelling at Erykah who was too drunk to realize she was even getting yelled at. “You think you can drug me! What the fuck are you doing here! I told you tomorrow!”