Chapter 1

There are these things, invading the world. They are dead, but still alive. With only part of their skin left on their bodies. Walking around with blood and guts pouring out of their wounds. Destroying their brains is the only way to make sure that they are dead. Anything can destroy their brains from the force of your own foot to a screwdriver to an MP40. The worst thing is that they feed off humans. They rip you to shreds. They tear you apart, all while you are still alive. I saw my family die by these things. They didn't suffer, I made sure of that I killed them afterwards. It was at the very beginning when we still had electricity when my family died. They were one of the first people to die. My mother was the first to go, defending me and my sisters and brother. My sister Tilly was my oldest sister who was twenty-one years old. The twins Charlotte and Caleb were both ten. I am the middle child; I am seventeen years old. They bite her legs which then brought her to the floor. Then they tore her apart at her stomach and her head. Then my siblings and I ran, ran faster and faster. I was holding Caleb's hand and basically dragging him off the floor as we ran, as his little legs couldn't keep up. Tilly had Charlotte's hand and was practically doing the same thing. The walkers then ripped Charlotte out of Tilly's hand dragging Tilly along with her into the sea of rotten flesh. I scream the highest, loudest scream ever. I scream at the sight of two people I love with all my heart being taken away from me so quickly. I picked up Caleb and put him on my back and ran ever so fast towards the biggest building left. I ran towards the hospital, it looked safe, safe away from those things.

The hospital took us in, knowing that we had no one left. They look after us for a few days, till everything went terribly. The things gained entrance into our safe place. The government came in and shot the things, but then also shot random people. Lined them up on their knees and shot them quickly. I had Caleb in my hands and then this man grabbed Caleb's hand and dragged him away from me. I screamed at him, knowing that was probably the last time I will ever see him.

 "I love you," I screamed towards the direction that Caleb was being dragged away.  I hid in a room where a patient is still attached to his drip. I hid away from the doorway around the corner. I get a terrible fright when a young man mid-twenties, dark hair came into the room and examined the hazel haired man on the hospital bed. The same guy who took Caleb. I don't say anything, he might kill me.

"Come on man we need to get you out and away from all this." The young man said panicking. I recognised him, I just can't figure out where. He picked up this ill man, when he did the life support machines started making their bleeping noises, like they are supposed to when anything goes wrong. The man then drops the hospitalised man on his old hospital bed. Gently kisses him on his sweaty forehead. 

"Here take this. I am sorry man." He apologised while placing a Colt Python and a full box of ammo on the edge of the bed.

I hear him fiddle with the door handle and the force something up against the door, so the things won't come into the room and tear us both apart. I then grabbed the pistol and loaded it with ammo. I made my way out of the room. I opened the door to find a hospital bed in front of the door, which blocks the things. I realise something, I should make a plan to get rid of the things. I grab the string from the blinds and I grab the belt from his old clothes. I escape the room quietly and carefully. I go into the storeroom and take metal chains and a lock. 

I load my gun ready to shoot anything that gets in my way. I make my through the hospital gathering all the monsters and chaining them us with the strings and the belt. I lock them away behind a door, where I then chain them with the metal chain and lock them in with the lock. Once they are in their I use a red pen and write in big letters on the door "DON'T OPEN, DEAD INSIDE!". I go back to the patient's room and put the bed back that blocks the door. I find myself my own room and make myself comfortable. I then get myself ready for going back to my house to get clothes and food. I load the gun some more so I have full ammo. Before I go I check on the patient, who I still haven't got the name of. I also put a lock on his door so then I know for sure that when I am gone, he won't be ripped apart limb by limb. I do a double check just to make sure that everything is how it should be. I make my way through the modern hospital. Down steep stairs, to the bottom floor and towards the exit. I open the automatic door, after the loss of electric it doesn't work anymore. And start walking down the abandoned, quiet street towards my old house, knowing that my family is no longer there. It is weird walking around with no cars going around no people talking as they walk. I never thought I would be alive when the world ends. But I am I am alive when the world has gone to shit. If only my family was here to survive with me. I mean Caleb could still be alive but who knows, maybe the biters got him. I hope he is ok, I hope he is surviving.