Chapter 12

"You can share a tent with Caleb and I if you want," I said as I walk up to Nick.

"That would be nice thanks, Jamie."

"That's ok. Um...I have some news. It's kinda serious."

"What? What's wrong?" Nick said as he straightens up a little and really gives me deep eye contact.

"Well. Lori wants me to go to a pharmacy and pick up a pregnancy test." I explained as he got up and sat down beside me and rubbed my knee in sympathy.

"I'll go with you if that's what you are worried about."

"It's not that, it's who would want to bring up a child in this sort of world."

"Look she might not even be pregnant. Let's just go and get this test and wait and see her results." Nick, said bringing me into a hug. I deepen the hug then he places a kiss on my cheek.

"Alright, let's go. I'm gonna go and ask Hershel if we can borrow a horse each." I explained as I broke the hug and got up and walked to Hershel with a smile on my face. I walk over and breathe deep to make sure I can talk to Hershel.

"Hello, Jamie."

"Hey, Hershel is it ok if Nick and I can borrow a horse each so we can travel to the pharmacy."

"I don't..."

"Look, we wouldn't ask if weren't desperate."

"Alright, just make sure you put them back as soon as you get back."

"Thank you so much," I said as I got Nick and we mounted the horses. We exited the farm making sure we closed the gate. The ride down was only five minutes away.

"You know, being out on the road, we've seen a lot. Guess we've gotten a little numb to it."I said as we tied up the horses.

"Whoa. I guess so."

"I'll go see what antibiotics are left."

"What else is on the list?"

"Why don't you get started?"

"What about you?"

"I'm gonna look around, see what's worth grabbing. Just some general stuff. What do you get?" 

"Uh um, Nothing. Just, like I said, general stuff." I said as I grabbed some Condoms on the floor. I put the pregnancy test in the bag. 

"Condoms? You got a boyfriend I don't know about?!

"Me? No. No."

"Then you're pretty confident."

"No. No no no. I-I-I wasn't - I would never"  

"Something wrong with me?"

"No. No, I I would never have sex. Uh, I'm I'm lost."

"I'll have sex with you," Nick said as he started to move closer to me. 

"Well then," I said as I took off the hat that Maggie lent me, then my top then my bra. All Nick could do was stare at me. I gave him a sign that I was really doing this. He stood shocked for a second then he started to undress too.

We get dressed then grab our bags and mount the horses again. We head off back to the farm. We didn't talk, Nick was shaking. He didn't know what to say or think about what just happened in the last twenty minutes. We reach the farm and I jump off ready to open the gate.

"Can you take my horse and I will close the gate."

"Yeah sure," Nick said as he gets off his horse and took both horses by the reins and lead them back to the stables. While he does this I close the gates. I walk back to our tents and give Lori the pregnancy test.

"Look if you are pregnant, we will help so much and you don't have to worry. You have a huge family who will love that little one so much"

"Thanks, Jamie."

"Do you want me to come with you. You know for moral support?" I asked as I smiled at Lori.

"Yes please." Lori sighed as we walked into the house. Towards the bathroom. We go in together and Lori makes me turn around while she pees. She finishes and she passes me the test. I take the test and place it on the sink. Lori is too impatient and takes the test and looks at it. By the look on her face, she didn't get the result she wanted.

"It's positive isn't it?"

"Yeah." She sighed as she threw the test around the room, so it hit the mirror then fell into the bath. She storms out leaving me in the room. I go and fish the test out of the bath and look at the result, definitely positive.

"Jamie?" Daryl questioned as he came into the bathroom and locked the door behind us.

"Woah Daryl...hey," I said as I tried to hide the test but Daryl ripped it straight from my hands.

"Your pregnant? Who did you do it with?" 

"No...not me. It isn't me who is pregnant. It's just someone else. I can't say until they are ready." I explained as I grabbed it from Daryl's hand and threw it in the trash can underneath everything. "It would be great if you didn't tell anyone about this."

"You have my word."

"Thanks." I smiled as I walked off towards Caleb and Nick. Nick was teaching him some knots. 

"Nick...a second now."

"Ok dude keep doing it. What's wrong?"

"Well, basically Lori's pregnant. I went with her to take the test and then she got angry when she saw the test and threw it across the room and stormed out, but then Daryl saw me with the test and thought it was me that was pregnant and now..."

"Look, calm down ok. He will finally get that it isn't you because you won't be getting fatter by the second." Nick said as he pulled me into a hug and placed a kiss on my head.

"Righ lets get back to Caleb."

"Ok." I smiled as he took me by my hand and lead me back to Caleb. 

"You got those knots down boy?"

"I've done it about ten times now."

"Well done Buddy."

"Jamie?"

"Yeah Cal?"

"Are you having a baby? I heard you talking about pregnancy?"

"No...no no one is having a baby. Someone just had a scare."

"Ok...good. Cuz who wants to bring up a baby in this world?"