Chapter 27

*August p.o.v*

"Why are you here?".

Jennifer's eyes looked up at me as she frowned, her arms were crossed against her chest.

"Can I come in?" She asked lowly.

I moved to the side, insinuating that it was okay for her to come in.

She walked in, glancing around before she plopped down on the couch familiarly. I sat down across from her, absent-mindedly looking around the apartment. There was a loud silence.

"August,".

Her voice was sharp, causing me to look over at her.

"Why are you acting weird?".

"I'm coo',".

"You haven't called me in three days, you reply with dry text messages. What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?" She asked.

"Nah, I jus' been busy ya' know wit May an' school," I lied.

"Bullshit," She mumbled as she stood to her feet. "Bye August, your fucking lying,".

I stood up, laughing at her attitude.

"Jen, sit down. Why ya' getting so mad fo'?".

She twisted her neck, glaring at me.

"You know what, you've been ignoring me. I don't know what your problem is but I didn't come here for you to lie to me. If you don't even have the decency to be honest with me I might as well leave,".

"Iight, jus' sit down fa' a minute,".

She reluctantly plopped down on the sofa, a bored look gracing her face.

"I jus' been stressed lately. My ma been gone fa three weeks, an' May been asking bout ha'. I jus hope she coo' ya know?".

Her once bored expression turned into a look of pure sympathy. She scooted closer to where I sat, placing the palm of her hand to the middle of my back.

"August," She breathed. "You could've told me that. I wanna be here for you. You have to let me be here for you,".

Her hand lowered.

"I know I jus'....I don't know,".

It was quiet for a few moments before she spoke.

"I Love You,".

Her voice was so quiet and still. Those three words made my bones stiffen and my heart beat slow down.

She leaned in close to the side of my face, then kissed my cheek softly, before she could pull away she spoke again.

"You don't have to say it back. I just thought you should know,".

I looked over at her, her hazel eyes beamed brightly. Her long eyelashes made her eyes seem bigger than they actually were. She was pretty, very pretty. Her features were almost doll like, it made me stare at her longer.

I leaned in, meshing my lips with hers. She seemed surprised by my action, causing her to lean back a little before giving in to the kiss. She moaned softly in my mouth, continuing to lean back into the sofa until her back was draped onto the cushions and I was hovering over her. She muffled something, causing me to disconnect my lips from hers as I breathed heavily.

"I want you to be my first,".

I gave her a half smile.

"You sure?".

She leaned up a little, pulling her shirt over her head to expose her A cup breasts and her pierced belly button.

"Yeah,".