2 (June's p.o.v)

"Have a good day," Sean smirked, his left hand on the steering wheel while his right hand fell to my thigh. His car came to an abrupt stop in the front of the school. For a few seconds his eyes observed the school, then his eyes gazed at me.

"Yeah whatever," I said, looking at him briefly before my hand reached for the handle. I unlocked my door and went to get out of the car. Sean's grip on my thigh was the only thing stopping me. I twisted my neck around, my loose ponytail swung over my shoulder from the swift movement.

"What?".

"Damn, always got a attitude. I just wanted a kiss," He murmered with a silly grin on his face while puckering up his lips.

I quickly pressed my lips onto his, letting them linger for a few seconds. I never gave Sean a kiss for longer than a few seconds. I never knew where his lips could've been. Right now his lips could be attached to mine, and then an hour later his lips would be connected to his baby mama's pussy. I could never trust Sean, ever.

"Here you go with these quick kisses," Sean laughed but I could tell it was fake. He rubbed his chin hair smoothly "Tell the kids I said hi,".

I scoffed as I hopped out of his car and watched him pull off from the sidewalk then speed off down the street.

"Asshole," I murmured before I turned around and jogged up the gray concrete steps that led into the school.

As I briskly and casually tried to get to my class on time I collided with another person, dropping my briefcase on the floor, I watched as my sleek briefcase slid across the freshly waxed tile floor. My eyes looked up and again, I was making eye contact with the quiet boy in my class. His eyes were shielded by the black hoodie he had over his head but I recognized his lips. Then I remembered his name.

"August, right?".

He unplugged one of his headphones from his ear and bent over to pick up my briefcase. He handed it to me, never looking up and making sure that our fingers never touched during the transaction. Then he faced the opposite way, probably heading to class. I watched him closely as he walked away. He was such a mysterious person.

I took a few seconds to take a deep breath and dust off any invisible dirt from my clothes then I headed towards my class.

When I walked into the class I looked to the back, making sure August was there. He was, with his headphones on secluding himself from the class again.

"Good Morning Class," I greeted loudly as I sat at my desk, shuffling papers and greeting certain people with smiles.

Once I got all the papers organized I stood up, strolling around the class placing papers on each person's desk.

"Okay class I want each of you to write an essay about yourself. You can write about anything you want. Life, School, Sports, anything that represents you," I explained while I stopped in front of August' desk.

He had his headphones on and it was obvious that he wasn't listening to a word I was saying. I knocked on his desk with my knuckles and he looked up at me. His face came into clear view once the bright lights hanging from the ceiling glowed on him.

"Huh?".

"Can you not listen to music in my class?" I asked seriously.

"I ain't botherin' nobody, why I can't bump mane?" He glared at me, waiting for my response.

I sighed. "Because you can't hear me when I'm giving out directions,".

"I heard ya," He retorted.

"What did I just say?".

"Ya say we writin' a essay bout' ourselves," He responded with a satisfied grin on his face.

I stared at him in disbelief.

"How did yo,".

He grabbed the paper from my hands and placed it on his desk.

I stood there for a few more seconds, still in shock. Eventually I walked away from his desk and made my way back to the front of the classroom to finish giving directions.

The rest of the class period consisted of the boys cracking jokes and the girls forming a mini clique in the front. August had his headphones in and he scribbled diligently on his paper. Something told me I would enjoy reading his paper.

When the class ended I watched as each student scrambled out of their seat and plunged out of the classroom. August slowly retrieved his backpack from the seat of his chair then walked towards the door.

"Hey,".

He stopped abruptly, turning to face me.

"Can you take your headphones out?" I asked nicely.

He sucked his teeth and mumbled something then took out his headphones.

"Um, I was looking through your files from your old school and your grade in English is amazing," I stated as I searched his face for some sort of reaction.

"An?" He uttered.

"I just wanted you to know," I retorted.

"I can go na?" He questioned.

"Sure," I shrugged while nodding towards the door.

He turned around and exited out of the classroom.

I sighed before scooping my supplies from off of my desk and heading towards the door.

I rode the bus home that night. As I stepped into my apartment I glared outside the window, taking in the vibrant beauty of the city beneath me. This is what kept me here. There was more to life than teaching some teens for eight hours. I wanted to explore this city.

While I stood in front of the window I heard the creaking of a door opening. I already knew who it was.

"Sean what do you want?".

He silently walked over to where I was and smiled.

"I wanted to see you," He responded.

"Oh really?" I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes.

"Why you acting like that?" He asked, pretending to be confused with my attitude.

"Sean I just want to go to sleep. I have to wake up early in the morning,".

"I can spend the night if you wa-,".

I interrupted him. "I wanna sleep alone,".

"Okay...I'll just leave then,".

I nodded my head, letting him know I agreed with his choice to leave.

He turned around, trudging towards the door. I followed him to make sure he was really going to leave.

Before he stepped out, he abruptly turned back around and smashed his lips onto mine. All throughout the forceful make out session somehow my legs wrapped around his waist and my arms dangled over his shoulders. He held onto my body tightly as he stumbled towards the bed, eventually throwing me down. I glared up at him, awaiting his next move.

He smirked before leaning down, planting soft kisses on my neck.

"Say you love me," He murmered as his kisses started to get more intimate and romantic. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck and whispered meaningless "I love you's" into his ear.

I didn't love Sean. I did love Sean, until I found out he was a confused man, alternating his emotions from me to his baby mother whenever he felt like it just like the rest of the men in the world. So I could lay on my back and feel temporary pleasure from a man who wasn't even mine because that is what we were. We weren't a couple, or lovers. We were temporary pleasures. We would fill each others voids whenever we needed to.

And as soon as he came he rolled off of me and in seconds he was putting his clothes back on and we were saying our goodbyes. That's how things were with Sean and I.