Chapter 32

*June's p.o.v*

"And so that's how a poem is supposed to look," I ended, my eyes wandered to the back of the class where August sat
His head was slumped down.

Melvin's hand flew up. I sighed lowly, looking at him.

"Yes, Melvin,".

"When is this assignment due?".

"Next tuesday," I retorted, never even looking at him.

The bell blared loudly, causing the students to stand to their feet and swiftly exit the classroom in an unorganized and chaotic manner. Surprisingly Melvin left too, not staying to bother me today. His attention was on a new girl that was transferred from Maryland last week. She was new and pretty. Hopefully Melvin would back off. Hopefully. August stood from his seat in the back, still putting stuff into his backpack. I walked towards the back, standing in front of him. He ignored my presence until I cleared my throat. He glanced up at me, an irritated expression on his face. His jaw clenched which made him even more attractive. His dark brown eyes stared at me, making my center moist. I don't know why he had that much of an sexual affect on me. I stood awkwardly, crossing my legs.

"So you're giving me the silent treatment?".

He smirked. "I gotta head ta class na',".

"You don't even go to that class,".

"Ya righ', I'm goin' home,".

"What are you doing later?".

"I ont' know, it doesn't matter. You'll be wit' ya boyfriend tho righ'?".

It was my turn to smirk.

"I don't have a boyfriend,".

"Look I ont' got time fa games iigh'. Ya want dat nigga or ya want meh'?".

"Aug-,".

"Ms. Aiko, just the person I wanted to see,".

I turned abruptly, facing Mr. Rosen. His face looked red and sweaty and his clothes looked way too tight. He smiled at me.

I walked over to him, returning the smile which was obviously forced.

"Hello Mr. Rosen,".

"I wanted to speak to you about our next teacher's meeting next thu- oh hello August. I didnt even notice you. How are you?".

"Good," August mumbled before he walked pass me and slipped out the door, never looking back at me.

"How's he doing?" Mr. Rosen inquired in a low tone.

I flashed another false smile. "Better than before,he's really showing an improvement,".

He nodded. "So about next week's teachers meeting. Will you be able to attend?"

"Yes, of course Sir,".

"Great, next Thursday at 6. I'll see you there,".

"Sure will,".

***

I stepped out of my heels, sighing in relief as I made my way to my sofa. Plopping down, I grabbed the remote off of my table and turned on the television. After hours of watching replays of the popular television series 'Empire' I stood to my feet, making my way into the kitchen to fix something to eat. I decided on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a glass of milk. As soon as I went to walk back into my living room to eat a soft knock at the door caused me to stop in my tracks. I looked through the peephole, seeing Sean. I frowned, sucking my teeth in the process.